Heysham to M6 J34 ( Lancaster North) opening 31 October 2016

John Wright

I'm not sure how much I'll use it. I rarely use Lancaster North. Usually Lancaster South, especially if I'm arriving at Heysham at 11.15pm and I'd never come off at Lancaster North if I was travelling up the M6 from Preston or beyond and if I was travelling south I'd come off at Carnfoth and go through Bolton le Sands, Hest Bank and Morecambe. My next trip is 30 September, I'll see.

I'm not sure how much I'll use it. I rarely use Lancaster North. Usually Lancaster South, especially if I'm arriving at Heysham at 11.15pm and I'd never come off at Lancaster North if I was travelling up the M6 from Preston or beyond and if I was travelling south I'd come off at Carnfoth and go through Bolton le Sands, Hest Bank and Morecambe. My next trip is 30 September, I'll see.

Even though 9 times out of 10 I'm going south too, I cannot stand that bloody drag through Lancaster - I'll use the new road, hit the M6 at J34, and turn south.

Most exciting thread ever, like living in fucking england and having to make small talk with dullards at a service station.

Ok - I'll liven things up for you....I'm on my way round to burn your house down.

Let us know how you get on if you decide to try it a month before it opens.

Most exciting thread ever, like living in fucking england and having to make small talk with dullards at a service station.

Ok - I'll liven things up for you....I'm on my way round to burn your house down.

Yes thats more like it Phil.

If you are coming into Lancaster South from the motorway and using a sat nav beware the exit has moved around 200 yards up the road

Strange how some people turn their brains off when they turn a sat nav on. Once had a customer coming over to the Island and because the sat nav told him to turn down into the Mersey Tunnel he did so and finished up in Birkenhead.

Archived