Ramsey Rocks

Mission

What is these rocks you talk of? We moved to the Point Of Ayre to 'live' on Friday, its the best place in the whole wide world. I even got to try out the storm proofing ropes on the house - wicked! Moved back to crumby Douglas this morning (about 7.30am - babies & tents maaaan they get up early!)

I'm liking Ramsey loads at the moment and they have music too?

Mission, all I know is Pigs on the Wing are playing on the stage in front of the Traf on Friday(?).

There is a yellow flyer going round the town detailing events - but obviously not made it to your shop yet...

We got an A3 poster which is pinned on the noticeboard and there was an A5 flyer in the courier. The A5 flyer just says live bands but doesn't name them. I didn't read the A3 poster, maybe that has more info. I'll check it when I'm back at work.

From what I heard, it was geared towards families, with things like mini go-karts, quad bikes and multiple bouncy castles. Only one music stage (outside the Traf) and the two bands that the person I spoke to saw were a middle aged bunch who weren't that good and a teenage group who were.

I didn't go personally as I had to get some work done.

Would have been nice to know who was actually playing in advance and I'll mention that to the organisers when I see them.

EDIT: Fireworks looked good from my gaff though.

From what I heard, it was geared towards families, with things like mini go-karts, quad bikes and multiple bouncy castles.

Ah yes, been to those events before, geared towards parents spending a small fortune.

It was very busy..... pretty friendly atmosphere

My band were due to play but the singer was off Island which I was most gutted at...

I saw a couple of the bands - missed the teenagers.... they were good bands but I just felt it wasn't the right style of music for a "Street Party" - needed to be lively rock rather than chilled blues and Pink Floyd

oh well

Archived