Food and drink festival

english zloty

If they dropped the entry fee I'd have gone. I hate this idea of paying to go in to pay for things. The stalls pay for a pitch and then just subsidise the shortfall if there is any.

I have to say £3.00 per head entry fee to have the privilege to buy Manx cheese and meat I can get from Tescos or pay an additional £7.50 for pie and mash (Betty's) or even £3.50 for chips cheese and gravy is not what I thought it would be.

What I thought it would be was loads of local eateries (not a single Chinese about to open) with samples of their wears to try in order to tempt footfall into their establishments

A voucher system (akin to the beer festival) might work.

What I got was an entry fee, why?, and seemingly everybody on the make/ Christmas Favre type thing and no learning about what is out there to be had on the Island outside the usual suspects

If they dropped the entry fee I'd have gone. I hate this idea of paying to go in to pay for things. The stalls pay for a pitch and then just subsidise the shortfall if there is any.

I have to say £3.00 per head entry fee to have the privilege to buy Manx cheese and meat I can get from Tescos or pay an additional £7.50 for pie and mash (Betty's) or even £3.50 for chips cheese and gravy is not what I thought it would be.

What I thought it would be was loads of local eateries (not a single Chinese about to open) with samples of their wears to try in order to tempt footfall into their establishments

A voucher system (akin to the beer festival) might work.

What I got was an entry fee, why?, and seemingly everybody on the make/ Christmas Favre type thing and no learning about what is out there to be had on the Island outside the usual suspects

I assume the "entry fee" was to cover the cost of setting up the event .

Am I to assume that you perhaps think there should be a free entry to ,say the Royal, Jurby Day etc ?

Well you are now aware of what may happen next year and not bother to turn up ......... so it's not all bad news laugh.pngflowers.gif

PS I really enjoyed my pie,mash and peas from " Betty's" and thought it good value, just saying

Three quid just to get in and overpay for food!

It was in the Villa. They had to try and recover some of the £200k hit they took on booking Fanny Cradock.

She must be getting a bit crispy herself by now...?

It was in the Villa. They had to try and recover some of the £200k hit they took on booking Fanny Cradock.

She waa good though. All my home cooked Doughnuts used to turn out like Fanny's.
  • Like 2

She waa good though. All my home cooked Doughnuts used to turn out like Fanny's.

Jam filling?