which is the most unbiased news source?

the stinking enigma

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, quilp said:

That's the same link I kept posting. But it wasn't that.

It was a court imposed reporting issue not a matter of national security. Not a D Notice.

ETA: those deliberately misreporting it as a D Notice are basically trying to big him up. As if he would somehow merit such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what kind of news sources peddle the Brexit line and have people believing in unicorns, so had a little look at what kind of news they might be getting. It’s pretty eye-opening. From today’s Express:

BRITISH spies planned to capture a flying saucer and use its alien technology to build superweapons, secret files reveal

5 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I was just wondering what kind of news sources peddle the Brexit line and have people believing in unicorns, so had a little look at what kind of news they might be getting. It’s pretty eye-opening. From today’s Express:

BRITISH spies planned to capture a flying saucer and use its alien technology to build superweapons, secret files reveal

You sure that was not the Sunday Sport ?

• 1 month later...

I find this assassination attempt on maduro a bit bizarre. Not the attempt, more the reporting of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/04/nicolas-maduros-speech-cut-short-while-soldiers-scatter

Why use the word apparent? And why do the state sponsored bbc use quotation marks around survives "drone assassination attempt"?  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-45073385

Contrasts more than a little with their novichok reporting.

31 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I find this assassination attempt on maduro a bit bizarre. Not the attempt, more the reporting of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/04/nicolas-maduros-speech-cut-short-while-soldiers-scatter

Why use the word apparent? And why do the state sponsored bbc use quotation marks around survives "drone assassination attempt"?  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-45073385

Contrasts more than a little with their novichok reporting.

Maybe if you’d read the article you’d have come across this paragraph. The cause of the explosion isn’t known, nor if it was an assassination attempt, but Maduro is claiming it was.

Firefighters at the scene disputed the government’s claim that the incident was an attack on Maduro’s life, claiming that it was instead caused by a gas tank explosion in a nearby apartment, the Associated Press reported.

Hence “apparent” and the quotation marks.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

claiming that it was instead caused by a gas tank explosion in a nearby apartment

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Fair enough. We'll just have to see how it develops i suppose.

into a fireball at a guess.....

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Our media still seem to be reporting it as if it didn't actually happen. Even energy fm are reporting the same line. It's all quite regimented.

Is there any footage of the drones approaching? Of them exploding? There’s the weird TV footage, Maduro ranting, sound going off, Maduro looking up, vision going off. No cam footage of the drones at all. There are pictures of the alleged Gas explosion site.

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Is there any footage of the drones approaching? Of them exploding? There’s the weird TV footage, Maduro ranting, sound going off, Maduro looking up, vision going off. No cam footage of the drones at all. There are pictures of the alleged Gas explosion site.

bbc showed footage of a drone exploding but its not clear if its from the same event....

Archived