Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<emoji face plant>

my summation of what's happened from media and this thread...

IOMG (DED) put out tender and sample contract

Vision 9 accepted by Tynwald as preferred tender

Vision 9 promoting on basis they've been awarded contract.

No contract signed as IOMG arguing internally about terms of contract, IOMG have not awarded the contract to them.

Vision 9 pissed off as expense/time spent on tender, on assumption that DED tender was complete and all aspects considered.

Vision 9 shouldn't have started promotion of event (incurring costs in addition to tender costs) without written signed contract agreeing the terms.

Result

IOM reputationally damaged as apparently can't put a properly considered / authorised tender process together.

Vision 9 reimbursed for costs of tendering, reputational damage really shouldn't be, as why would you spend anything further until you had a signed contract?

I watched the paul moulton interview with the guy.. yes it may cost taxpayer £100 per person to put on, what was not clear was what Vision 9 thought they were being paid for 10 year promotional contract, and what that would cost the tax payer....

Bit of sympathy for Vision 9 as it would appear they've been lead down the garden path a bit, but why lift a finger (incur more expense) before a vaild, written contract in place?

Quite incredible that this is the SECOND time the award for promotion of the TT has been fucked up.

hey ho...

<emoji face plant>

No contract signed as IOMG arguing internally about terms of contract, IOMG have not awarded the contract to them.

Vision 9 pissed off as expense/time spent on tender, on assumption that DED tender was complete and all aspects considered.

Vision 9 shouldn't have started promotion of event (incurring costs in addition to tender costs) without written signed contract agreeing the terms.

Result

IOM reputationally damaged as apparently can't put a properly considered / authorised tender process together.

Vision 9 reimbursed for costs of tendering, reputational damage really shouldn't be, as why would you spend anything further until you had a signed contract?

I watched the paul moulton interview with the guy.. yes it may cost taxpayer £100 per person to put on, what was not clear was what Vision 9 thought they were being paid for 10 year promotional contract, and what that would cost the tax payer....

Bit of sympathy for Vision 9 as it would appear they've been lead down the garden path a bit, but why lift a finger (incur more expense) before a vaild, written contract in place?

Quite incredible that this is the SECOND time the award for promotion of the TT has been fucked up.

hey ho...

There's a common denominator to this and the Signature fiasco......?

<emoji face plant>

Result

hey ho...

skelly ?? useless cunt !

<emoji face plant>

Result

hey ho...

IOM Govt,a cluster of buffoonery,clownery and general ineptitude the likes have never been seen before.

It now becomes very clear why Skelly was sent back to DED to wallow in the shit his Dept had created in the first place.

<emoji face plant>

Result

hey ho...

I'm pretty sure there would not have been a sample contract, except for usual IOMG T&Cs which would have been made available at the tender process.

I think it's good. Why do we need to pay a private firm to do what we already employ people in government to do?

Why indeed. The TT is a bit like an uninsured old dog in poor health, but lingering on for an age while it's owner keeps ploughing money into veterinary fees. Eventually there's be no money left and it's you or the dog. Sometimes it's better for everyone to just put the wretched beast out of it's misery.

As someone has mentioned, this will be an interesting test for Farmer Quayle.

If he has balls he will ask Skelly to stand down graciously, and offer Corlett the same and to both go quietly, therefore acting in the best interests if the Island.

What's the odds he does though?

Archived