Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope.

Your going to have to eat your words on the Salisbury st thread shortly as well.

Talking of Salisbury Street Nursing Home it's amazing how important it was to buy and how desperate the island was for bed space. Why is it still empty? You would have thought DSC would have moved heaven and earth to equip and get in residents etc.

Nope.

Your going to have to eat your words on the Salisbury st thread shortly as well.

Talking of Salisbury Street Nursing Home it's amazing how important it was to buy and how desperate the island was for bed space. Why is it still empty? You would have thought DSC would have moved heaven and earth to equip and get in residents etc.

You haven't made the elementary mistake of believing Howard Quayle have you?

Nope.

I thought the idea was to get an operator in. I suspect that isn't a two minute process.

If they just signed someone up in five minutes people like you would be moaning.

Nope.

I thought the idea was to get an operator in. I suspect that isn't a two minute process.

If they just signed someone up in five minutes people like you would be moaning.

Judging by the Vision On fiasco we can't operate expressions of interest or tenders or even pass the brown paper envelope properly. This is bound to end in tears. Taxpayers tears not that some on here will care, and I'm sure the lessons learned will be commercially confidential.

Nope.

Really?

Why, have we suddenly found a load of bed spaces for our elderly?

I was talking about your assumptions that it was a great deal for the tax payer.

Forthcoming announcements will confirm anything but!

Getting back to the TT, this article gives an indication of what a 3 day MotoGP event means to the economies of some of the hosting areas and the investment given to the events by local government.

It puts into perspective the need for a sustainable solution to be found for the promotion of our own event.

https://motomatters.com/comment/reply/12316#comment-form

The importance to the tourism industry of the TT is huge and plays a major part in many businesses sustainability. With all the undoubted glee and daft petitions surrounding the failure of this deal, it should be remembered that the TT will now fall into a period of investment stagnation, the ability to secure increased commercial revenues will be damaged and much of the crumbling infrastructure essential to the event will remain in need of injections of cash that the taxpayer can not afford.

Meanwhile a committee of enquiry will sit and split their deliberations into 3 phases which will, no doubt, take an age to complete before reaching the same conclusions that were reached before this search for a new promoter started. The whole episode represents a massive failure of Government to deliver and places an important event in danger.

Getting back to the TT, this article gives an indication of what a 3 day MotoGP event means to the economies of some of the hosting areas and the investment given to the events by local government.

It puts into perspective the need for a sustainable solution to be found for the promotion of our own event.

https://motomatters.com/comment/reply/12316#comment-form

Yes,but as soon as the TT organisers announce a new fan zone or god help them, try and make some money out of the 'fans' then the road racing community are up in arms as it's 'killing the TT' apparently.

The TT practically sells itself. With the £ down the pan for the forseeable, it doesn't take much effort for people to get out there marketing it, as well as the MGP. There are numerous ambassadors willing to do that, often for free.

It's lasted over 100 years. Numbers have been on the up and it's shown on ITV4.

It's only when people try to get outsiders in that the shit hits the fan.

Just do your fucking job DED. Or employ someone that can.

The TT practically sells itself. With the £ down the pan for the forseeable, it doesn't take much effort for people to get out there marketing it, as well as the MGP. There are numerous ambassadors willing to do that, often for free.

It's lasted over 100 years. Numbers have been on the up and it's shown on ITV4.

It's only when people try to get outsiders in that the shit hits the fan.

Just do your fucking job DED. Or employ someone that can.

But you can't market something that the taxpayer can't afford to produce. This is not about marketing a product; its about producing something of quality in the first place. I think you will find that DED has been growing the TT successfully for years but perhaps the time has come when the resources they have are no longer enough.

I don't think the TT itself really needs to grow much more. I'd say it can grow organically at a small percentage each year given the extra mediums of coverage reaching plenty of people. As long as resourcing grows with it (accommodation etc).

The real potential is in the latter Festival. This could easily triple in size with a bit of effort. Again, I'm not sure we need an external partner/agency to achieve this.

I'd agree with Albert - there isn't a reason why the right people working within DED couldn't do this. It's potentially a great challenge and job too.

Archived