Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

Heads should roll but they won't. How can you expect people who are cerebrally challenged to make such important commercial decisions? You can't. Unfortunately all this is representative of the level of intelligence we have in key positions.

I have fish in my aquarium with more common sense than this bunch of idiots and my fish are thick as fuck.

In all fairness I bet Howard Quayle has Livestock on his farm with more intelligence and common sense than, him, COMIN and the rest of the Tynpotwald put together. Unfortunately we are dealing with a lot of dimwits. Only another 4 and a half years to go!

That will seem like a lifetime too.mad.gif

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads should roll but they won't. How can you expect people who are cerebrally challenged to make such important commercial decisions? You can't. Unfortunately all this is representative of the level of intelligence we have in key positions.

I have fish in my aquarium with more common sense than this bunch of idiots and my fish are thick as fuck.

and they say pets represent their owners......

and they say pets represent their owners......

Ha ha.

Mine often represent me if I'm busy and can't get to an appointment or meeting !

I was asked to join a "think tank" last week, but was ill, so sent a few Guppies thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Does nothing for future business relationships with off-Island companies. As he says, "farcical". It would probably be revealing to hear his statements on the "relationships" between the various parties involved but I fear it will come under the steel umbrella of 'commercial confidentiality'...

What I don't understand is why Treasury (& possibly the AG's office) allowed DED to run with this instead of the tender going through the established procurement process. And the fact that DED employees were engaging with the bidders during the process has to raise very serious questions about management & ministerial integrity.   

12 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Deary, deary me........ it gets worse.

"He was surprised to learn before they submitted the final bid that they would be expected to take on a ’key’ individual within DED who would receive 5 per cent of whatever growth was generated. He confirmed this was a ’done deal’ between the DED and that individual."

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

What I don't understand is why Treasury (& possibly the AG's office) allowed DED to run with this instead of the tender going through the established procurement process. And the fact that DED employees were engaging with the bidders during the process has to raise very serious questions about management & ministerial integrity.   

The AG's Chambers are Govt lawyers, they aren't the cops. Govt Departments are pretty much laws unto themselves hence why the lessons that are supposed to be learned are never...learned. I imagine Treasury have more clout as they control the pennies

46 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Deary, deary me........ it gets worse.

"He was surprised to learn before they submitted the final bid that they would be expected to take on a ’key’ individual within DED who would receive 5 per cent of whatever growth was generated. He confirmed this was a ’done deal’ between the DED and that individual."

That is very bad

Archived