Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The contract was part of the bidding process, it was withdrawn afterwards for redrafting, V9 have put a lot of time, effort and money into preparations for TT2017 while the AG's dept have been looking into it.

The contract has now been withdrawn as unsafe.

I think we'd better wait for the announcement, Lawrence Skelly has already stated that the problem was not of V9's making.

Until contracts are ratified and signed no one should be doing anything.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how much "work" they'd actually done given that tt2017 had already been planned and pretty much dully booked before they got involved.

They had been appointed by Tynwald and had an understanding. Planning for the TT begins as soon as the last one finishes, if not before. How much money does it cost to bring staff to the island on multiple occasions to meet the various parties, shadowing people at this years events, setting up IoM companies and for time which could be occupied profitably elsewhere?

Until contracts are ratified and signed no one should be doing anything.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how much "work" they'd actually done given that tt2017 had already been planned and pretty much dully booked before they got involved.

They had been appointed by Tynwald and had an understanding. Planning for the TT begins as soon as the last one finishes, if not before. How much money does it cost to bring staff to the island on multiple occasions to meet the various parties, shadowing people at this years events, setting up IoM companies and for time which could be occupied profitably elsewhere?

Archived