Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

aye, but it looks like he has lost his bottle, good for booksales through....

He's going to be lapping at north of 131 mph I suspect.   You don't do that if you've "lost your bottle".  If he'd lost his bottle he actually wouldn't be road racing anymore.

It's good to see him back.  He's a popular rider and a very good one too.

"  don't worry the saviour of the tt is back this year...... " - nothing needs saving.  Just as the TT functioned before Paul Phillips arrived and it will when he's long gone no doubt.   It's no different for Guy Martin or any other top rider.

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

aye, but it looks like he has lost his bottle, good for booksales through....

I think Honda needed something to distract everyone from the new Fireblade's performance while it's being developed. They'll get plenty of coverage with GM. 

33 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think Honda needed something to distract everyone from the new Fireblade's performance while it's being developed. They'll get plenty of coverage with GM. 

I'd be suprised if it wasn't a bit more competitive than last year.

Just now, notwell said:

I'd be suprised if it wasn't a bit more competitive than last year.

They seem to be having a lot of trouble with it in World Superbike, not as competitive as the older bike. Not as bad in BSB but not earth shattering by any means.

You wonder if they would be better simply tweaking up the superstock bike rather than worrying about superbike set up. (which seems to be an extra £70k, harder to handle and good for about 3 seconds a lap IF you can get it right).

The bikes seem so amazingly quick out of the box these days.

You have it right there Notwell, I have thought much the same for a while. Michael Dunlop was 3.5 secs off the TT outright record on a Superstock Honda, as you say about £20,000 per second. I believe that the BMWs he riode had Superstock engines.

The challenge seems to be to match the outright power of the BMW's.   McGuinness effectively "won" his race last year because the best he could finish was 3rd.   That Honda wouldn't have won against the BMW's with any rider on it.

It'll be interesting to see how Dunlop goes on the bigger bike this year.   Someone told me that the bike had been very quick in testing (broke some track record or something) but I don't know for sure that is accurate.  The NW200 should provide a decent guide I guess.

Archived