Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

It's clear that the whole operation was well advanced if as its rumored all the TT ex police etc who are employed to run the TT were transferred across to vision 9 . Clearly there will be a financial settlement in respect to Vision 9 . We can wonder how much as we won't be told ,,!

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear that the whole operation was well advanced if as its rumored all the TT ex police etc who are employed to run the TT were transferred across to vision 9 . Clearly there will be a financial settlement in respect to Vision 9 . We can wonder how much as we won't be told ,,!

Who are the ex Police employed?

Why would anyone be transferred if a contract wasn't signed?

Next years headline event.....

Cretney vs Earnshaw, Head to Head, Battle of the Ninjas, To the DEATH !!!

( should be read with a Clarkson type intonation )

So Albert may get his wish, tho' I doubt MF cares which?

Why would anyone be transferred if a contract wasn't signed?

Because you don't need a formal contract to create a legal and financial obligation. All sorts of other actions can be deemed to create a such a relationship - transferring staff (I'm not saying that has happened here) certainly would, and so would a Tynwald resolution - or even a speech by a Minister or other person deemed responsible.

In fact the obligations created by such situations can be even greater than contractual ones. Why contracts are important is often to limit such obligations. When the Vision 9 deal was being discussed on here before, I pointed to the previous disaster in this area, concerning the situation with Signature Sponsorship. In that case IOMG ended up paying them around £750,000 for literally doing nothing - and yet no contract had ever been signed. (My comment contains the link to the Tynwald Report on the issue).

In this case, given the length of the deal proposed, the wider remit than in the Signature case and the possible reputational damage, it would be possible that the compensation due would be in the millions. And that would be increased if, as usual, the main priority was to try to keep things quiet to protect the Manx politicians and officials who cocked things up.

Carolyn Kinrade and John Kinrade for two..not sure of the other names but I'm sure there's at least one more. Previous in Traffic and have been there for a few years and now employed all year round.. someone else on here will know more for sure

Carolyn Kinrade and John Kinrade for two..not sure of the other names but I'm sure there's at least one more. Previous in Traffic and have been there for a few years and now employed all year round.. someone else on here will know more for sure

And they're still working there are they?

On rediculous high salaries together with police pensions.

Nonsense. They don't work there.

I don't think that anyone was transferred across, that was nipped in the bud just prior to it happening whilst the contract was being discussed.

I think that the seriousness was known before the general election and judging by the number of MHK's who nodded this through on the strength of a briefing document and without thinking, it may have had an effect on the results, leading to an even more inexperienced house?

What worries me is that this is something which is straightforward and understood by the majority of people, how does government cope on more complex issues?

I don't think that anyone was transferred across, that was nipped in the bud just prior to it happening whilst the contract was being discussed.

I think that the seriousness was known before the general election and judging by the number of MHK's who nodded this through on the strength of a briefing document and without thinking, it may have had an effect on the results, leading to an even more inexperienced house?

What worries me is that this is something which is straightforward and understood by the majority of people, how does government cope on more complex issues?

They don't cope. They don't think about the consequences and all they do is nod it through. Legco the all seeing and questioning chamber nodded it through, no questions asked - a bit like other legislation and spending schemes. Personally I can't see the new crop being any different. They have £10k or more to think about, before they vote. And I'm sure some of the 'man of the people' types will soon swallow their principles and doubts if they see their fellow sheep voting for rather than against. However, if Legco is facing abolition or radical change, then Legco can afford to vote against Tynpotwald spending requests or proposed legislation in front of them - or even throw it out. What do they have to lose?

Where do,they work then?

Where do,they work then?

Dunno.Youre the expert. 'Not in the Motorsport team though.

Archived