Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may well be. But what sort of company or deal is ever assumed to have been done with no contract in place?

It doesn't matter that Tynwald ticked up Vision 9 as a counterparty. That, to me, is probably 25% of the job done. The hard part is formulating the framework and contract for finalising and signing.

Vision 9 had no mandate to start splashing money about without the above being sorted.

I'm not denying it's a mess. But let's not pretend the government are the major issue here.

Have you seen the interview on MTV with Vision On? The Boss being interviewed said he and Vision On were encouraged to begin work and to invest etc by IOMG. It is well known that some IOM businesses are encouraged to purchase plant/machinery/equipment etc, to satisfy various and possible commitments - unfortunately they run the risk of being let down. A large capital outlay, on the strength of a promise or a conversation. I'm quite sure Vision On have committed a lot of resources, time and effort on this TT contract, if only to be able to hit the ground running once things become official. Whatever the rights and wrongs and contract wrangling - which can be left to Athol Streets finest - this will create a negative publicity for the island, particularly in the future in other contracts and tenders. It may make other companies think twice before committing resources.

You guys heard the Paul Mouton interview with the Vision 9 guy ..if not you need to hear it before commenting further !! He pulls no punches !! Damming is a understatement !

Sorry see comment above !!

There are many both on here and in the IOM Government and Civil Service that would rather not listen to the interview. Burying their heads in the sand. I doubt that Vision On are going to walk away, and I'm sure legal action will be followed through. The TT will easily survive this fiasco, but the IOM working with off island businesses in particular in tendering for business will be hammered .................... Question of Trust.

You guys heard the Paul Mouton interview with the Vision 9 guy ..if not you need to hear it before commenting further !! He pulls no punches !! Damming is a understatement !

But at the very least Vision 9 should have ensured that a MOU was in place - maybe there was, it could have been verbal or in an e-mail.

But at the very least Vision 9 should have ensured that a MOU was in place - maybe there was, it could have been verbal or in an e-mail.

I'm sure a company supposedly worth over £16million and trading over 16 years would have access to a good legal team. I doubt Vision On's management have a slogan 'Lessons will be learned'. I'm sure once this gigantic and monumental screwup is sort, COMIN can get a tame island lawyer or accountant to conduct the inquiry. I'm sure the reports favourable findings to the IOMG will be trotted out.

I'm sure a company supposedly worth over £16million and trading over 16 years would have access to a good legal team. I doubt Vision On's management have a slogan 'Lessons will be learned'. I'm sure once this gigantic and monumental screwup is sort, COMIN can get a tame island lawyer or accountant to conduct the inquiry. I'm sure the reports favourable findings to the IOMG will be trotted out.

And due to a commercial confidentiality clause the amount paid out and those responsible will not be revealed.

DED?...Department of Economic Development seemingly failing in its core purpose and in a embarrassing and costly way!

The guy called out the system and people making the decisions as basically being incompetent and failing to have the authority to make the decision they have ! Incredibly damming but not surprising ! This is going to make Villagate look insignificant in so many ways

And due to a commercial confidentiality clause the amount paid out and those responsible will not be revealed.

I had forgotten the confidentiality clause catchphrase. However, those responsible will probably end up being promoted or will be awarded an MBE for services to the IOM.

Archived