Contract To Promote TT.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_91351777_laurenec_skelly.jpg

Hiya!

Would you agree to enter into a commercial negotiation worth millions with this man?

He does have some previous form involving taxpayers best and, er, motorbikes....?

It may well be. But what sort of company or deal is ever assumed to have been done with no contract in place?

It doesn't matter that Tynwald ticked up Vision 9 as a counterparty. That, to me, is probably 25% of the job done. The hard part is formulating the framework and contract for finalising and signing.

Vision 9 had no mandate to start splashing money about without the above being sorted.

I'm not denying it's a mess. But let's not pretend the government are the major issue here.

The thing is, you don't need to have signed a contract in law to have one. V9 were encouraged to begin preparations for TT2017 by the DED. They had been approved and announced, begun meeting the various parties involved in the organisation, that is a contract by implication.

This is not an issue with the wording of a document, it is the process followed by the DED in securing V9 as a partner which is at issue, including the parties involved. You are right, it is not just the government but people they have rightly or wrongly trusted for advice. Vision Nine are the innocent party in all of this.

It is okay to say 'tell them to fuck off' but they don't have to listen, the courts may have a different attitude and I think that this will be settled out of court for a considerable sum.

I think all the members of COMIN are partly responsible for this monumental screwup, and Howard Quayle played a part, as well as DED. It's all well and good blaming DED 100%, but COMIN were involved in the decisions. What do they talk about in meetings?

I think all the members of COMIN are partly responsible for this monumental screwup, and Howard Quayle played a part, as well as DED. It's all well and good blaming DED 100%, but COMIN were involved in the decisions. What do they talk about in meetings?

I expect Mr Thomas talks in an explanatory manner & the others eat sweeties, doodle, & try and make paper planes with their iPads

Archived