The Venue Saved!

TerryMcCann

I'm surprised there has been no mention of this today. On the front page of the Examiner it says that the planning application for flats on the Crescent site has been turned down in order to preserve live entertainment on the prom. I can hardly contain my indifference

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know... maybe we do need more flats in Douglas, until they get to the stage where people like me can afford to buy one that is big enough to accomodate three people... just a thought.

It is good news. I am definitely not a fan of the Venue but if that was to close where would everyone go. The others clubs are as everyone knows busy enough as it is, it is more clubs that are needed not less. I was suprised when I heard they were closing it down.

Are there any dance nights planned at the Villa Marina. I never heard much about the one that was hosted in September of last year. Was it good??

That place should be a permanent dance venue. The best nights with the best atmosphere.

i think that the kids ned a place to drink and dance and take drugs and the venue is at leased handy for them. the n they ned to come up our street at 4 oclock this morning drunk and shouting and being nosey and waking us all up. at least flats people dont normally make a lot of nose.so maybe not such a bad idea

i think that the kids ned a place to drink and dance and take drugs and the venue is at leased handy for them.  the n they ned to come up our street at 4 oclock this morning drunk and shouting and being nosey and waking us all up. at least flats  people dont normally make a lot of nose.so maybe not such a bad idea

WTF that better be an ironic piece of typring/use of grammar

i think that the kids ned a place to drink and dance and take drugs and the venue is at leased handy for them.  the n they ned to come up our street at 4 oclock this morning drunk and shouting and being nosey and waking us all up. at least flats  people dont normally make a lot of nose.so maybe not such a bad idea

Errrr... we all make mistakes? :)

The rowdiest have to be the drunks who come from paramount, They try their hardest to get run over by walking in the road the whole way across the prom and smash the bottles they have smuggled out in the road. Doing the Taxi's for the last couple of months has shown great evidence of this.

The venue seems to be the most in control place as it has the huge area outside it with barriers to contain the congregating people when they come out. It's the pisss heads from colours and paramount mixing with the venue crowd who start the trouble when they arrive at the venue. It's a well known fact amongst the police who i talk to.

People always make comment as to "the younger age group" and make out they are all drug takers..... I know plenty of over 40's who are out of their heads every weekend and are frequent users of Colours and paramount. So what, It's across the board and nowhere by a hundred miles near the problem that is alcoholism.

Errrr... we all make mistakes? :)

hoisted...petard etc etc

Archived