What is dead may never die

Tarne

Gerry does seem to have a fascinating insight into many things. I too hope he explains. We might be blown away.

The traditional religious believers just tend to state all the stuff as fact and if you ask them how they know or to explain their beliefs, they just look at you with pity. I don't think Gerry is like that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, me neither. He seems to want people to understand this truth without coming across all preachy. Some of this stuff would be fascinating if true and I really am very excited by the prospect of this. Gerry, would you mind explaining the reasoning behind this. It would make me so happy to think I wouldn't have to fret about being turned into a human popsicle in order to experience forever, I could just check out and move on!

This really is all very exciting!

If as a loving father I was in this situation, I'd lie. I'd tell my dying daughter that of course I'd make sure she was cryogenically preserved, as long as I thought that was what comforted her most in her last days. After she died I'd do nothing of the sort as it's complete nonsense, but of course she wouldn't know that. I'd have no guilt because I'd be happy that I'd done the right thing for my daughter while she was alive.

Fortunately for me I've never been in this situation, and I hope I never will be. As well as this, I've always brought my kids up to be realistic about life and death - We routinely refer to times before my youngest was born (when talking to her about events then) as 'when you were dead' which sounds a bit weird but the idea is to make the concept of death less scary than school assemblies and the like would have us believe. I was 'dead' before 1970, and it wasn't a problem. If I die tomorrow, I'll be alright as for me it'll be just like 1969. It's only a problem for the people in my life that would actually miss me being around.

In this particular case I agree with China's initial comments that it's more about divorce and mutual hatred of the parents than the rights of a minor to choose to be frozen.

Have to say Wrighty that I agree with you that this "cryogenic thing" is almost certainly nonsense , that said if I had promised anything to someone I loved prior to their imminent death I would keep that promise , provided I had the funds.

I was asked by someone I loved , shortly before their death , if I would " look after " ( financially) a friend who had not been a beneficiary in the will. I found a way to do it, a promise is a promise and as an old lag once said to me "You can't be half a friend"

I'm not saying I'm right but I would find it difficult to live with myself if I broke my word, so I suppose I'm just a silly old "B"

Just saying flowers.gif

Most poeople living to be over 70 was thought to be complete nonsense 100 years ago.

Never underestimate the potential of future technology, and just imagine what might be possible in 100 years.

The way things are heading for many reasons, most people living to be over 70 may well be a distant memory in 100 years.

Human heads on robotic bodies is not improbable. Advancements in thought/nerve impulse triggering are already showing promise in prosthetics. Think 6 Million Dollar Man and "we can rebuild him..."

I'd be well up for that if I could have a proper brass neck.

Archived