commish

£330 million to be spent on renovating Manchester Town Hall.....

£369 million to be spent on renovating Buckingham Palace.......

I am not against Heritage, but I do question their priorities when there are sizeable problems in health, housing and education.

Lots of ignorance on this one. People saying Royals should pay for it (Buck House) themselves. Well they do not own it directly. The Queen holds it in trust..

The Sovereign gets the use for duration of the reign. It is part of the Crown Estate which was surrendered up to the Treasury in 1760 in return for an annual payment and the King just acting the part with no powers.

The Crown Estate revenue goes to the Treasury and is a massive portfolio of property..It makes an annual profit rather than the Royal thing being a tax burden..

Queen etc get a slice of the action the Sovereign Grant and something like 15% of the Crown Estate revenue goes in the Sovereign Grant..So they hand it all over and get some of it back!

It is said that the Sovereign Grant will be temporarily increased for a while to cover the cost of refurbishing Buck House.. So it is not like the taxpayer is funding.

Lots of people live and work in Buck House and it is stuffed full of treasure that no one really knows the value of or indeed where it all is!

I knew years ago a guy who was a driver on the staff. He used to drive the Royals about. Low pay but for loyalty you got fantastic livery ie You lived free basically, private medical treatment and kids fees at private schools..Just keep mouth shut!.

He used to say that there was tons of treasures in the basement. Cabinets and drawers full of precious stones..then the art works...So many gifts and treasures collected by Queen Victoria...No one knows what is in there!

He said there was a room there with everything made of gold as a result of gifts to Victoria and later monarchs from the Rajahs and such who ruled much of India that the British did not cover themselves...They kept in by giving lavish presents...I was told that one such gift is a gold model of a palm tree standing in the corner and weighing in at 4.50 tons!

But, the Queen cannot really claim to own it as neither can anyone lay claim to the Crown Jewels..

Buck house has been falling down for decades and was jerry built and added to clumsily from the first...I have seen pics of buckets in the corridors for when it rains...

The White House was also falling to bits and they are somewhat equals...Of the White House only the outer walls and shell is original and all the rest was gutted out in World War Two when they turned it into a bunker including digging down under to create deep bunkers...Not at all surprised of Buck House has had similar treatment and is about to get more of the same.

Lots of ignorance on this one. People saying Royals should pay for it (Buck House) themselves. Well they do not own it directly. The Queen holds it in trust..

The Sovereign gets the use for duration of the reign. It is part of the Crown Estate which was surrendered up to the Treasury in 1760 in return for an annual payment and the King just acting the part with no powers.

The Crown Estate revenue goes to the Treasury and is a massive portfolio of property..It makes an annual profit rather than the Royal thing being a tax burden..

Queen etc get a slice of the action the Sovereign Grant and something like 15% of the Crown Estate revenue goes in the Sovereign Grant..So they hand it all over and get some of it back!

It is said that the Sovereign Grant will be temporarily increased for a while to cover the cost of refurbishing Buck House.. So it is not like the taxpayer is funding.

Lots of people live and work in Buck House and it is stuffed full of treasure that no one really knows the value of or indeed where it all is!

I knew years ago a guy who was a driver on the staff. He used to drive the Royals about. Low pay but for loyalty you got fantastic livery ie You lived free basically, private medical treatment and kids fees at private schools..Just keep mouth shut!.

He used to say that there was tons of treasures in the basement. Cabinets and drawers full of precious stones..then the art works...So many gifts and treasures collected by Queen Victoria...No one knows what is in there!

He said there was a room there with everything made of gold as a result of gifts to Victoria and later monarchs from the Rajahs and such who ruled much of India that the British did not cover themselves...They kept in by giving lavish presents...I was told that one such gift is a gold model of a palm tree standing in the corner and weighing in at 4.50 tons!

But, the Queen cannot really claim to own it as neither can anyone lay claim to the Crown Jewels..

Buck house has been falling down for decades and was jerry built and added to clumsily from the first...I have seen pics of buckets in the corridors for when it rains...

The White House was also falling to bits and they are somewhat equals...Of the White House only the outer walls and shell is original and all the rest was gutted out in World War Two when they turned it into a bunker including digging down under to create deep bunkers...Not at all surprised of Buck House has had similar treatment and is about to get more of the same.

Barry, the original White House was burnt to the ground by British Marines & nothing remains of it

Archived