Football sex abuse scandal

Chinahand

Interesting thread.

Is there any way to search the Isle of Man news of the '80s and '90s?

I remember a weirdo guy who seemed to be the grandfather of the football scene in my town back then; everybody involved in football wouldn't hear a bad word said about him but everyone else said he was a proper child molesterer.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have one who lives on the island who i believe has been convicted fore kiddie fiddling,served his time etc,but read some of his tripe on fb "honey darling blah blah" and you would not believe he was up to this kind of thing,well i have loved ones who are being coached in different sporting disciplines,and i just hope the "vetting" protocols the government have in place are routinely spot checked and none of these animals cannot molest our young ones.

The vetting process is fine however it obviously only picks up if someone has something against them, if someone has never been caught then their screening won't show anything

Yeah, Bristow is an arse: a dinosaur and deserves the criticism.

Little wonder that some victims were reluctant to come forward at the time because back then, more people thought like Bristow and those abused feared exposure and ridicule by association.

This'll be bigger than Savile.

Little wonder that some victims were reluctant to come forward at the time because back then, more people thought like Bristow and those abused feared exposure and ridicule by association.

Not sure if it is really a competition. Shagging dead bodies in the mortuary would take some beating though.

Not sure if it is really a competition. Shagging dead bodies in the mortuary would take some beating though.

Quite, but you don't feel anything when you're dead or bear the burden of those who've lived through it.

All very interesting as well as upsetting. Anyone with young lads attending football must be worried.

Some journalists are suggesting there will be hundreds of genuine cases.

Lets hope none of these are in the IOM.

From an academic point of view I should imagine this will become a standard for discussing moral panic.

Archived