Football sex abuse scandal

Chinahand

All very interesting as well as upsetting. Anyone with young lads attending football must be worried.

Some journalists are suggesting there will be hundreds of genuine cases.

Lets hope none of these are in the IOM.

From an academic point of view I should imagine this will become a standard for discussing moral panic.

nowadays it would be picked up quickly to be a coach you need to go through child protection training and kids these days are more likely to speak up than 20/30 years ago. however I think in the 70/80/90s it would have been easier to hide.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it happened in the IOM you'll rarely get to hear of it. We've laundered all sorts of things over here besides money. People get paid off and told not to come back. The guy down at KWC was only exposed because it came out in an English newspaper, a long time after he'd been shuffled up to Ronaldsway and on to a plane.

All very interesting as well as upsetting. Anyone with young lads attending football must be worried.

From an academic point of view I should imagine this will become a standard for discussing moral panic.

nowadays it would be picked up quickly to be a coach you need to go through child protection training and kids these days are more likely to speak up than 20/30 years ago. however I think in the 70/80/90s it would have been easier to hide.

I hope your confidence is justified.

Am I correct in thinking that, not too long since, a local Gymnastic coach, who had passed through police checks etc, had misbehaved with youngsters? I understand he served some time in prison?

Im tempted when I read these things to put forward the feminist view. I will resist that temptation for now smile.png

My view is that this story has gone out now to be a distraction for pizzagate...

Join the dots....Clinton...Podesta....Madeline McCann...Spirit cooking, don't you just love Wikileaks...

It really is quite scary how people can be so taken in by fake news that they'll turn up with an assault rifle trying to find the secret tunnels under a pizza restaurant because of what they read on the internet.

Fake news, real bullets.

It just goes to show how daft people can be, and why nor everyone should be allowed guns. On the plus? side, the guy didn't end up hurting anyone and justice will be served.

I still don't know why more people aren't coming forward about the sex abuses though, I can only assume it would affect their marketability and their agents are pressuring them to keep quiet.

I hope your confidence is justified.

Am I correct in thinking that, not too long since, a local Gymnastic coach, who had passed through police checks etc, had misbehaved with youngsters? I understand he served some time in prison?

Im tempted when I read these things to put forward the feminist view. I will resist that temptation for now :)

and that bastard still posts on www as if nothing has ever happened,disgusting animal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived