Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy

pongo

It's just another predictable analogue of typical anti-Trump rhetoric. There is nothing in it that hasn't been trumpeted (sic) before: nothing learned from it. And of course, completely subjective to the nuances of the author. It is cliché-ridden and only recycle's, in different words that which has been repeated previously.

There's no doubt he has made himself an easy target, the article accuses him of "breaking the unspoken rules on what can and can't be said." This actually made me laugh heavily under the weight of its irony. There is a slight chance he might have said what a lot of people (obviously) wanted to hear.

The hard cheese of the Left becomes more stale every day.

Its not like Trump openly mocked a physically disabled person on a national television broadcast that went global very soon after....

Oh wait...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just another predictable analogue of typical anti-Trump rhetoric. There is nothing in it that hasn't been trumpeted (sic) before: nothing learned from it. And of course, completely subjective to the nuances of the author. It is cliché-ridden and only recycle's, in different words that which has been repeated previously.

There's no doubt he has made himself an easy target, the article accuses him of "breaking the unspoken rules on what can and can't be said." This actually made me laugh heavily under the weight of its irony. There is a slight chance he might have said what a lot of people (obviously) wanted to hear.

Its not like Trump openly mocked a physically disabled person on a national television broadcast that went global very soon after....

Oh wait...

Lol! Now you're doing it! Rehashing the rhetoric. Is there some innate satisfaction derived from continuing with the negativisms? What is there to be gained by commentating other than assuaging the sleight people like yourself apparently suffered on seeing their assumed morally-superior political views firmly rejected by a majority; firstly with the Brexit vote and now Trump.

Trump will be President, get over it.

Oh wait...

Lol! Now you're doing it! Rehashing the rhetoric. Is there some innate satisfaction derived from continuing with the negativisms? What is there to be gained by commentating other than assuaging the sleight people like yourself apparently suffered on seeing their assumed morally-superior political views firmly rejected by a majority; firstly with the Brexit vote and now Trump.

Trump will be President, get over it.

He isn't President yet...understand that.

And I am not rehashing anything. If you think a society where the supposed leader of a nation can mock someone like that is okay then we has a species are in dire need of wiping out and starting again.

Right leaning people not agreeing with left leaning people and vice versa, who'd a thunk it?

It's not that though here. For example I'm not left leaning at all. Very much to the contrary. I am however strongly opposed to the populist insurgency.

One thing I have noticed with many of those who have self-radicalised via the web is that in many cases they seem to have travelled from one extreme to another politically. Whilst I suspect they perhaps internalise this as a logical intellectual journey, I suspect in reality it is more likely that they are reacting against their former selves. It's almost as if the common theme is the need to represent a contrarian perspective. I strongly suspect that many of them don't really believe in anything.

Right leaning people not agreeing with left leaning people and vice versa, who'd a thunk it?

It's not that though here. For example I'm not left leaning at all. Very much to the contrary. I am however strongly opposed to the populist insurgency.

One thing I have noticed with many of those who have self-radicalised via the web is that in many cases they seem to have travelled from one extreme to another politically. Whilst I suspect they perhaps internalise this as a logical intellectual journey, I suspect in reality it is more likely that they are reacting against their former selves. It's almost as if the common theme is the need to represent a contrarian perspective. I strongly suspect that many of them don't really believe in anything.

I was talking more about rmanx's and woolley or quilp's incessant countering. I get that you guys don't agree with each other but its seriously boring now.

I said similar before but the extremes of both sides have fucked things up for the normal person.

I was talking more about rmanx's and woolley or quilp's incessant countering. I get that you guys don't agree with each other but its seriously boring now.

I said similar before but the extremes of both sides have fucked things up for the normal person.

Amen to that. So give us some different angles then. Why should quilp, rmanx and I do all the heavy lifting? Do tell us what the "normal person" thinks.

Amen to that. So give us some different angles then. Why should quilp, rmanx and I do all the heavy lifting? Do tell us what the "normal person" thinks.

I think you're reading too much into what I said. The two sentences are not directly connected (hence the gap between), in that I don't consider you, quilp, rmanx or anyone on here to be either extreme left or right leaning. If you read it that way please accept my apologies.

By a normal person I simply mean that the average person simply tries to live their life by being nice and normal to each other, i.e. they don't harbour hate and they don't take in every refugee either. Nothing more complex than that.

Actually, solution is, don't visit threads that bore you. Simple.

It was more a comment on threads being diluted by what is essentially childish playground name calling. I, and I'm sure others, see no real added value in that. Comments that add to the debate, that are genuinely funny, etc. are always more than welcome.

It's when the name-calling starts, or the inferences that one's political opinions and beliefs are based on ignorance or hatred and given scant consideration in pompous, down-the-nose condescension. I find this provocative, immature and unnecessary.

I did misinterpret mojo's post.

It's when the name-calling starts, or the inferences that one's political opinions and beliefs are based on ignorance or hatred and given scant consideration in pompous, down-the-nose condescension. I find this provocative, immature and unnecessary.

Typical xenophobic, thick as pigshit, Daily Wail reading Little Englander....

Archived