More dodgy dealings from Living Hope

LesC

You are coming across as obssessed.

I keep trying to walk away, and then I find out something new.

I was aware of the Living Hope Church, and of Jonathan's "miracle" of getting a load of gullible people to pay for the house that he couldn't afford to buy for himself (a better miracle would have been him buying a property he could afford but didn't like as much!), but I didn't realise how fraudulent this whole thing is, and their connections to fraudulent business ventures.

It makes me feel angry and sick that they are manipulating good people into paying over their hard earned wages so these pastors can preach hate or buy properties or go on far away holidays. They are mini versions of Donald Trump and they should be stamped out.

What the fuck has Donald Trump got to do with our own bunch of resident religious conmen?

just the lying, cheating, conning part

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one last post on the senior people on this "church"

Whilst trying to find out a bit more about its elders, I found this blog https://jimmccotter.wordpress.com/

Its a website dedicated to warning people off a guy called Jim McCotter, who set up various churches and made lots of money then left the churches in the 80's and suddenly he seemed to have a lot of money to buy up businesses and basically stiff people left right and centre.

So what does this have to do with the Living Hope? Well about 10 years ago someone was ripped off by a business associate of Mr McCotter, called Roland Ripamonti and he wanted to know more about him. https://jimmccotter.wordpress.com/2007/01/06/roland-ripamonti-who-is-he-and-what-does-he-have-to-do-with-jim-mccotter/

Some of the respondents have suggested that Roland and his brother Robert (Roberto) were involved in various business schemes with Mr McCotter before they found out he was an unsavoury character and that Robert is now living on the Isle of Man

I wonder if its the same Robert Ripamonti that is a Evangelism Champion for the Living Hope? http://www.livinghope.im/Groups/189480/LHCC/Locations/Douglas/Team_Leaders/Team_Leaders.aspx

Obviously it is difficult to get an unbiased view from a public forum (as we see on here), but it does seem that the hierarchy of the Living Hope Church here on the island does seem to attract controversy.

Robert Ripamonti has or had numerous commercial property interests on the Island, either as the beneficial owner or as director of the owning company

He was or possibly still is the owner of the old Burtons building where Starbucks is now

You are coming across as obssessed.

I keep trying to walk away, and then I find out something new.

I was aware of the Living Hope Church, and of Jonathan's "miracle" of getting a load of gullible people to pay for the house that he couldn't afford to buy for himself (a better miracle would have been him buying a property he could afford but didn't like as much!), but I didn't realise how fraudulent this whole thing is, and their connections to fraudulent business ventures.

It makes me feel angry and sick that they are manipulating good people into paying over their hard earned wages so these pastors can preach hate or buy properties or go on far away holidays. They are mini versions of Donald Trump and they should be stamped out.

What the fuck has Donald Trump got to do with our own bunch of resident religious conmen?

Still don't get the reference.

Just a poor reference to them being dodgy, though Andrew Selley on his facebook said of Trump 'It would be wonderful if we saw Christians in SA & worldwide also voting like this!', so they are definitely behind Trump.

Just a poor reference to them being dodgy, though Andrew Selley on his facebook said of Trump 'It would be wonderful if we saw Christians in SA & worldwide also voting like this!', so they are definitely behind Trump.

Yeah, that was the trigger for my comment - I saw it, started reading the link then gave up when I saw it was about Christians having a duty to vote for the pro-life candidate and thought Trump has conned you into voting for him.

We can't even have a converation about island life anymore without the word 'Trump' coming into it. We never had this with Obama/Bush/Clinton etc...

You'd think some people are obsessed by him.

maybe he is seen as a more controversial and divisive character than they were?

Anyway, point taken, I will not mentioned he-who-shall-not-be-named in your presence again..... even on Friday, or if he puts the IOM on a black list, or if there is a trade war, or a real war...

Latest video on guess what....... GIVING.

I must say though that mr stanfield does try to say it just not financial giving he is talking about......

Why is this so difficult to watch now as surely followers must be getting the message?

https://www.facebook.com/livinghopecommunitychurch/videos/1418275854863152/

"entrusting your finances to the bank of heaven gives us new financial freedom"

that's what he said, what I heard was ""entrusting your finances to the bank of heaven gives ME new financial freedom"

Interestingly I heard a mention of how they give £80,000 a year away, but given their income is 10 times that what happens to the rest, and who gets that £80,000, I am thinking this is perhaps the cut Andrew Selley gets towards his organization.

I must say though that mr stanfield does try to say it just not financial giving he is talking about......

Why is this so difficult to watch now as surely followers must be getting the message?

Interesting watch from 5:55 onwards when he talks about what they do to help the community, at 6:20 the body language is a classic tell.

Interesting watch from 5:55 onwards when he talks about what they do to help the community, at 6:20 the body language is a classic tell.

god gave his only son, but aren't we all gods children??? I wish these lying cunts could get their story straight

Archived