More dodgy dealings from Living Hope

LesC

14 hours ago, notwell said:

How is it a partner? It looks to me like they've been around a long time originating in America. 

Do they share common finances and meeting places etc? It's not immediately clear that they are anything other than believers in the same thing?

no idea about their finances, or any of the finances of any of the churches, only that a quick search on the interweb shows that they have direct links on some living hope websites across the world, although not on the Isle of Man one.

But if you do find out about their finances can you check whether they were part of the group funded by the Louis Group from client funds?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Good idea...but quickly change the subject if Santa and the Tooth Fairy start being mentioned.

15 hours ago, notwell said:

As much as I'm no fan of the Living Hope lot they get very little air time in schools compared to the Child Evangelists lot.   How aren't people kicking off about that?

In my opinion, NONE of these groups should be allowed into schools to influence our children. I'm not even sure that religion should be part of education in schools ( because there are so many different groups, sects etc. ) and should be a family thing .

Regarding the Tooth Fairy and Santa, most kids will give them up before they leave primary school, but not so with their learned "beliefs"

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

In my opinion, NONE of these groups should be allowed into schools to influence our children. I'm not even sure that religion should be part of education in schools ( because there are so many different groups, sects etc. ) and should be a family thing .

Regarding the Tooth Fairy and Santa, most kids will give them up before they leave primary school, but not so with their learned "beliefs"

Partial agree.  Religion should be taught in an unbiased way so that there is a general knowledge of all religions.

A lack of understanding of religions and their practices, beliefs, etc is a cause of a lot of hate and misrepresentation (how many Sihks have been attacked because ill educated thugs because they were thought to be "evil" Muslims?).

But I stress that this should be taught in an unbiased secular fashion in the same way History or Geography are taught.

There's also comments on social media questioning whether living hope need a police check to go into schools.

Here's a quick character reference as to whether they are suitable for attending schools. Joshua generation church is their lead church and associate member of four  12 ministries, with andrew Selley and his preacher friends coming up regularly to preach at the poor souls caught up in all of this.

and further here.

Now would you be happy to have these people attend a school that your kid is at?

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Partial agree.  Religion should be taught in an unbiased way so that there is a general knowledge of all religions.

A lack of understanding of religions and their practices, beliefs, etc is a cause of a lot of hate and misrepresentation (how many Sihks have been attacked because ill educated thugs because they were thought to be "evil" Muslims?).

But I stress that this should be taught in an unbiased secular fashion in the same way History or Geography are taught.

history isn't unbiased though, it only has our states declared version of events.

So Mr Stanfield won't be too bothered about the twittering of the infidels over here. The rock star prosperity preacher I have just been told is "Away off an amazing 6 weeks of ministry into our Four12 partnering churches in Africa. Goodbye Ellan Vannin".

i wonder is that a permanent goodbye???

4 hours ago, NoTail said:

It's not fair of them to take advantage of the poor, largely uneducated  in Africa. They should be ashamed of themselves 

And no tail a simple google search and a look at his instragram account confirms this. This "work" trip includes his WHOLE family. 6 of them!!!!!! 

Archived