More dodgy dealings from Living Hope

LesC

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Heffalump said:

So Mr Stanfield won't be too bothered about the twittering of the infidels over here. The rock star prosperity preacher I have just been told is "Away off an amazing 6 weeks of ministry into our Four12 partnering churches in Africa.

Uganda perhaps?  Hasa Diga Eebowai 

21 hours ago, Heffalump said:

So Mr Stanfield won't be too bothered about the twittering of the infidels over here. The rock star prosperity preacher I have just been told is "Away off an amazing 6 weeks of ministry into our Four12 partnering churches in Africa. Goodbye Ellan Vannin".

i wonder is that a permanent goodbye???

its a miracle that they were able to find the money to transport him and his whole family on a tour of Africa for 6 weeks.... sorry, did I say miracle?  I meant fraud

In response to the recent article about the Living Hope bunch spouting bullocks in schools, the church (not any one person, just the church) has responded!!!

"As we have not been asked for comment, I wish to point out the following:

All Living Hope staff and leaders are required to comply with our safeguarding policy which includes enhanced police checks undertaken by an independent organisation, Due Diligence Checking (DDC).
Anyone serving in any capacity within Living Hope’s children and youth activities is required to comply with our safeguarding policy including enhanced police checks undertaken by an independent organisation, Due Diligence Checking (DDC).
Living Hope members, in common with all other churches and faith organisations on the island, have only ever been involved with schools by invitation and operating within their guidelines. This includes any discussion of religious faith matters.
No Elder from Living Hope has ever taught creationism in schools and neither is this explicitly stated in the Department’s response to the information request, which we have seen."

at the bottom of this story http://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_486706.html

Its not a well written response in my view.

I suspect that DDC is a company, but I don't know who they are or if they just check local records or stretch it wider to, say, South Africa to check on potential kiddy fiddlers.

I also see that they say "No Elder from Living Hope has ever taught creationism in schools", which raises two points - the first is that have non Elders taught creationism in schools and the second question is, are they saying that they are only discussing creationism, not teaching it... in the same way that a drug dealer just tells you the benefits of ecstasy, they don't teach you about it?

• 7 months later...

just in case you were missing the gift that keeps giving, another Living Hope person, Andrew Rouse, has been disqualified from being a director, you can read all about it in the article below

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=38995&headline=Third Louis Group director disqualified&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

There is a wonderful line in it from Andrew Rouse, who is a team leader at the Living Hope church in Douglas, when defending his  ’highly improper’ activity with the Louis Group investor funds said;

I acted in good faith 

:rolleyes:

Don't worry Bellefield, apparently they raise money to share in their "radical community". PROSPERITY PREACHING IN A TWISTED WAY! 

He'll get a free washing machine plus trips to south africa......................... where do you sign up?

• 1 year later...

And they are back in the news......

apparently the pastors have given themselves a pay rise according to the iom newspapers.

A few comments about how they help people in the community. Does anybody actually know what they do that helps?

6 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

And they are back in the news......

apparently the pastors have given themselves a pay rise according to the iom newspapers.

A few comments about how they help people in the community. Does anybody actually know what they do that helps?

they keep dumb people busy for a few hours a week

6 hours ago, Heffalump said:

I think they all clubbed together to give a man called Jonathan and his family somewhere to live. 

A heartwarming story if ever there was one. 

Archived