More dodgy dealings from Living Hope

LesC

23 hours ago, P.K. said:

Do you have any examples of Living Hope psychologically harming folks on the island, especially vulnerable people?

I suggest you look up "prosperity gospel theology" and what it actually involves before asking ignorant questions.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, hissingsid said:

All religions rely on donations to survive, what has that to  with anyone else.

Not very bright are you? A tithe is a very specific religious concept, it is not a "donation" or "membership fee". Please do some research before posting further ignorant commentary on the subject.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, hissingsid said:

I do not see the problem with this, this organisation gets voluntary contributions from the people belonging to it, no public money is involved, what has it got to do with anyone else ?  All religions rely on donations to survive, what has that to  with anyone else.   People who are members of golf clubs pay club fees which are used to pay individuals, again nothing to do with anyone else.   Why do people not just mind their own business and get on with their own affairs.   If a member of any organisation disputes where money is going that is fair play, but if you are not concerned with them keep your beak out and get a life.

That’s hunky dory. However, I am concerned when this organisation has access to children in schools. 

Also, how they have infiltrated the higher echelons on government where they can feather their own nests. Also the use of government buildings for their congregations, if they have so much money, build a bloody building. 

12 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I suggest you look up "prosperity gospel theology" and what it actually involves before asking ignorant questions.

That's not answering my question.

As usual....

On 5/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Heffalump said:

This is well documented in this and previous threads.

To give a flavour:

1. Mr stanfield cajoled the Louis group opened their building and enjoyed trips at the benefit of mr lakos, who is one of the directors banned from serving as a director by the FSC along of course with current pastor Rousseau moss also banned. I’m sure those that contributed to Louis group under the favour of living hope certainly feel aggrieved.

2. I know personally of people who attended the church in the past and dared to question the methods adopted by the leadership in never ending world wide mission trips and free gratis benefits like rent being paid whilst trying to find a house while selling their own, and all at the expense of the flock. Their questioning was met with pure venom and they were named as slanderers and where blackballed by not only the leadership but also by other members and set up as an example of how control meant no questioning was allowed. The leadership know best. They have been greatly disturbed by the hurtful ness of the experience and in many cases never went near another church, never mind the fact that in some cases the leadership would actually have born false witness to other leaders in other churches about the members behaviour. To give a flavour of this doctrine check out chris staples latest blog.https://www.four12global.com/authors/chrisstaples/dont-do-the-devils-work-for-him/

3. The “house” nothing more needs said.

4. The secretive nature of their control now. People leave and are scared to speak up as the teaching in the church is that in speaking out against the “work” you are doing the devils work.

5. How they moved from being a satellite church of broadway baptist to getting broadway trustees to disassociate themselves from control of port st Mary church so mr stanfield could take control of all finances through his chosen directors many of whom are the pastors, deciding things like wages etc.

6. The desire to distance themselves from any other church on the island and whilst they cunningly would negate this by saying they are in various bodies that work together the reality is they see themselves as the only real church that has it right. See what happened in the schools. Many years of great work by scripture union and other church charities were nearly done away with due to people’s reluctance to have any living hope people about the place.

Just a taste of many worrying things.

They sound very unpleasant.

So why do folks sign up?

ETA : thank you for taking the time to post up such good information.

Any on here Living Hope devotees?

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

They sound very unpleasant.

So why do folks sign up?

The same reason many sign up to religious church based organisations; because they’re lost, broken, lonely, vulnerable, at the end of their rope and are looking for someone or something to take away their pain and make them feel as though they belong somewhere. I would imagine, like other churches, that Living Hope fulfils their wishes - until it doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, ecobob said:

The same reason many sign up to religious church based organisations; because they’re lost, broken, lonely, vulnerable, at the end of their rope and are looking for someone or something to take away their pain and make them feel as though they belong somewhere. I would imagine, like other churches, that Living Hope fulfils their wishes - until it doesn’t. 

I find it strange because a fundamental lesson is you don't have to attend church to be a good christian.

I've chatted to the devoted doing stuff like mowing the grass in PSM and they seem pretty normal to me.

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I've chatted to the devoted doing stuff like mowing the grass in PSM and they seem pretty normal to me.

Ha ha, just don’t ask the people in PSM about the house that mr stanfield had last in PSM which couldn’t sell and in order to move up to douglas which was needed to happen in spite of the sale as he saw it as an opportunity to go big time in the big smoke of Douglas,  the church subidised the rent on “that house” for over a year whilst he still had the other house. Oh and there’s never does seem to be an honest answer as to how he really afforded all of this.

Or the minister in peel who had his rent subidised until he sold his house in Scotland.

Or one of the leaders in peel who had to leave the island a short time after the church’s South African partner Andrew Selley and josh gen told members to hit children with certain sticks if they disobeyed, later to withdraw this teaching as it caused so much bother. The local leader challenged this with a statement on his own Facebook page and was met with such venom from local and South African leaders that he had to leave the island a couple of months after the issue happened as the leadership and members were seeing him as being against their leadership and teaching. He was apparently distraught.

or did you know that the cinema which is used on sundays was refurbished by living hope church as an agreement to rent. Thousands was spent on that and completely gutting and rebuilding the building opposite.

or what happened to the great outreach for money to build a great church in Douglas. Where did that money go and why did they change their mind? At one stage they had been looking at using the old prison as a building site???

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

I find it strange because a fundamental lesson is you don't have to attend church to be a good christian.

Are you mixing Christianity with the living hope lot ???

3 hours ago, Heffalump said:

Ha ha, just don’t ask the people in PSM about the house that mr stanfield had last in PSM which couldn’t sell and in order to move up to douglas which was needed to happen in spite of the sale as he saw it as an opportunity to go big time in the big smoke of Douglas,  the church subidised the rent on “that house” for over a year whilst he still had the other house. Oh and there’s never does seem to be an honest answer as to how he really afforded all of this.

Or the minister in peel who had his rent subidised until he sold his house in Scotland.

Or one of the leaders in peel who had to leave the island a short time after the church’s South African partner Andrew Selley and josh gen told members to hit children with certain sticks if they disobeyed, later to withdraw this teaching as it caused so much bother. The local leader challenged this with a statement on his own Facebook page and was met with such venom from local and South African leaders that he had to leave the island a couple of months after the issue happened as the leadership and members were seeing him as being against their leadership and teaching. He was apparently distraught.

or did you know that the cinema which is used on sundays was refurbished by living hope church as an agreement to rent. Thousands was spent on that and completely gutting and rebuilding the building opposite.

or what happened to the great outreach for money to build a great church in Douglas. Where did that money go and why did they change their mind? At one stage they had been looking at using the old prison as a building site???

Curious that you only ever post on here to criticise LH church. You've obviously got a serious beef with them. I am not a member, by the way. I just like people to be honest about their motivations for engaging in public criticism.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Curious that you only ever post on here to criticise LH church. You've obviously got a serious beef with them. I am not a member, by the way. I just like people to be honest about their motivations for engaging in public criticism.

We should all have a serious beef with LH. They need reeling in.

Archived