More dodgy dealings from Living Hope

LesC

Never mind weapons, these guys are hardcore...breakfast covered by donations. How generous can these guys get, huh?

https://www.facebook.com/andrewselley.official/photos/pb.444640242375401.-2207520000.1484639130./671440603028696/?type=3&theater

Who the hell eats sausage rolls for breakfast, even if they are free-ish?!

The breakfast advertised in the link is organised by South African Andrew Selley (Jonathan Stanfield's close friend and advisor). Note that they're going to discuss Hate Speech at the breakfast. The South African government has proposed legislation that makes it an offence to use speech that may incite hatred. (No, i have no idea either how they are going to police that law or how they're going to define hatred or prove that someone's words caused the hatred but read on...)

You may assume that a godly man like Selley would be in favour of a law that could result in there being less hate in the world but no! He has set up an organisation (called FORSA) to try to stop the law from being brought in.

The reason? Because he's worried it will stop christians from being able to quote the bible. Yes, that's right, not only is Selley fully aware that the bible contains noxious, divisive, judgemental and hatred-inspiring words...those are the parts that he particularly wants a special dispensation to be able to preach.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind weapons, these guys are hardcore...breakfast covered by donations. How generous can these guys get, huh?

https://www.facebook.com/andrewselley.official/photos/pb.444640242375401.-2207520000.1484639130./671440603028696/?type=3&theater

They love a good sausage those boys, so much so they ignore the bit in the bible where it says pork is unclean.

The breakfast advertised in the link is organised by South African Andrew Selley (Jonathan Stanfield's close friend and advisor). Note that they're going to discuss Hate Speech at the breakfast. The South African government has proposed legislation that makes it an offence to use speech that may incite hatred. (No, i have no idea either how they are going to police that law or how they're going to define hatred or prove that someone's words caused the hatred but read on...)

You may assume that a godly man like Selley would be in favour of a law that could result in there being less hate in the world but no! He has set up an organisation (called FORSA) to try to stop the law from being brought in.

The reason? Because he's worried it will stop christians from being able to quote the bible. Yes, that's right, not only is Selley fully aware that the bible contains noxious, divisive, judgemental and hatred-inspiring words...those are the parts that he particularly wants a special dispensation to be able to preach.

but he's a saint! - although God does seem to make him jump from one church to the other... its almost as if God wasn't sure which was the correct church?

http://forsa.org.za/about-us/our-team/andrew-selley/

Eager to love and serve Jesus as best he can, Andrew first devoted himself to the Assemblies of God (AOG) in Port Elizabeth. Later he felt God join him to The Storehouse Church in Port Elizabeth where he served faithfully, initially behind the coffee and tea counter, and eventually as an ordained Elder in the church.

Having recognised the evangelistic and leadership call on their lives, The Storehouse Church sent Andrew and his wife Emma out to plant a church in Table View in the Western Cape in January 1999. This church plant, Joshua Generation Church (JoshGen), began with four people in a lounge and quickly grew as God added to their numbers.

In 2011, Andrew felt the Lord call him to help other churches and initiated an apostolic field and partnership of churches who purpose to, together and through the Ephesians 4 gifts that God gave to the church, equip God’s people to do His work and build up the church (Eph 4:12).

Andrew currently lives in Melkbosstrand in the Western Cape with his wife Emma and daughter Enyah with whom he enjoys spending time in the outdoors. Andrew is an accomplished surfer and enjoys extreme challenges such as kite surfing and kayaking.

I wonder if God joins Andrew on his surfing, kite surfing and kayaking? Probably not as Jesus hasn't got the time or the money for those things....

You are coming across as obssessed.

I keep trying to walk away, and then I find out something new.

I was aware of the Living Hope Church, and of Jonathan's "miracle" of getting a load of gullible people to pay for the house that he couldn't afford to buy for himself (a better miracle would have been him buying a property he could afford but didn't like as much!), but I didn't realise how fraudulent this whole thing is, and their connections to fraudulent business ventures.

It makes me feel angry and sick that they are manipulating good people into paying over their hard earned wages so these pastors can preach hate or buy properties or go on far away holidays. They are mini versions of Donald Trump and they should be stamped out.

You are coming across as obssessed.

I keep trying to walk away, and then I find out something new.

I was aware of the Living Hope Church, and of Jonathan's "miracle" of getting a load of gullible people to pay for the house that he couldn't afford to buy for himself (a better miracle would have been him buying a property he could afford but didn't like as much!), but I didn't realise how fraudulent this whole thing is, and their connections to fraudulent business ventures.

It makes me feel angry and sick that they are manipulating good people into paying over their hard earned wages so these pastors can preach hate or buy properties or go on far away holidays. They are mini versions of Donald Trump and they should be stamped out.

What the fuck has Donald Trump got to do with our own bunch of resident religious conmen?

Archived