Deepwater for Cruise Ships

Manx Bean

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Brilliant. A cruise terminal to solve parking problems. Let’s have a Felt Museum to tackle homelessness.

Don’t forget the monorail to get them to town and back...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a way this entire complete and utter shambles epitomises everything that's wrong with IOMG.

They're blindly stumbling into a massive outlay of public money on a project with clearly no proven financial basis and there's NO process in place to stop them!

I can't help thinking that in an organisation with a paucity of good ideas ANY idea, no matter how stiupid, is siezed upon as the solution to the public sector pension deficit.

Because there's nothing else on offer...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

In a way this entire complete and utter shambles epitomises everything that's wrong with IOMG.

They're blindly stumbling into a massive outlay of public money on a project with clearly no proven financial basis and there's NO process in place to stop them!

I can't help thinking that in an organisation with a paucity of good ideas ANY idea, no matter how stiupid, is siezed upon as the solution to the public sector pension deficit.

Because there's nothing else on offer...

I always thought that politicians elected democratically should be allowed to decide what was best for us. I am now of the opinion that I was wrong.

These idiots should be stopped in their tracks before we are sold too far down the river to paddle back.

This scheme is absolutely mental. It just has to be a joke.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I have made about 6 posts now since being on the naughty step for 14 days and 14 hours (?) so will sign out now before I am banned for good ( having amassed 9 bans)

More than a little aggrieved I think I'll join you...

On 8/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, buncha wankas said:

Was that response a joke Derek..or do you seriously believe they will not need to dredge Douglas either way, mind you behind the wall the tower of refuge will save the passengers

Not a joke. I actually asked the question about the pier about 20 years ago. Dredging there would run into millions a year, as you would have to pull out to deep water to create a channel. And because of the way the tide runs, it would be extremely difficult to maintain

55 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Not a joke. I actually asked the question about the pier about 20 years ago. Dredging there would run into millions a year, as you would have to pull out to deep water to create a channel. And because of the way the tide runs, it would be extremely difficult to maintain

like peel marina then ??

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Brilliant. A cruise terminal to solve parking problems. Let’s have a Felt Museum to tackle homelessness.

And the Douglas prom project has the potential to end third-world starvation as well. We just don't have our leaders' vision...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

It’s not the mods fault that you’re such an angry argumentative dick who incessantly bickers with people on here. Think about that. 

Whereas you are such a font of knowledge...