So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

One in 5 brits have started stockpiling food and medicine in case of a no deal Brexit.

It said on the wireless the other day that the last quarter's trade figures were up as companies that rely on imports have been doing the same thing.

£1 = 1.07€ this morning and still we continue on the same heading to satisfy the constantly barking angry dogs.

Anyone still convinced that this will be great needs to look on youtube for Pascal Lamy's views. It's even worth it just to see his facial expressions when the likes of IDS and Leadsom are talking absolute shite about WTO. 

They must be getting their economic data from Tim Martin instead of Lamy. If it was a bet between the two on experience and knowledge, I know who I'd put my sixpence on.

Edited by ballaughbiker

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Extrapolating that ratio outwards, that means as many as 2.5 regular posters on manxforums have also started stockpiling food and medicine in the event of a no deal Brexit. You should be lined up and shot. Jesus christ. Embarrassing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         quilp reacted to this :lol:

Ok so woolley and woody.....

Is quilp the 0.5 ? :) Go on, jump ship. You know you want to...

Edited by ballaughbiker
Not an entirely serious post!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nah, my opinion remains the same. There'll be turmoil for a while, granted, but trade won't stop, deals will be done in a 'swings-and-roundabout' fashion. Change is inevitable.

2 years from now we'll look back and wonder what all the hysteria, fuss and bluster was about.

And I still contend that the bloc won't exist, in its present form, in 5 years time.

We'll see...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:19 PM, the stinking enigma said:

One in 5 brits have started stockpiling food and medicine in case of a no deal Brexit. They should be all lined up and shot. Jesus christ. Embarrassing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/britons-have-spent-4bn-stockpiling-goods-in-case-of-no-deal-brexit

So where can we see the results of the survey.... you know, the numbers/statistics?

Lots of news agencies reporting the same thing (almost word-for-word which you would expect since there's only one source) but not one of them has a link to the numbers.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, ballaughbiker said:

It said on the wireless the other day that the last quarter's trade figures were up as companies that rely on imports have been doing the same thing.

£1 = 1.07€ this morning and still we continue on the same heading to satisfy the constantly barking angry dogs.

Anyone still convinced that this will be great needs to look on youtube for Pascal Lamy's views. It's even worth it just to see his facial expressions when the likes of IDS and Leadsom are talking absolute shite about WTO. 

They must be getting their economic data from Tim Martin instead of Lamy. If it was a bet between the two on experience and knowledge, I know who I'd put my sixpence on.

It is uncertainty that spooks markets. Three years of it thanks to Remainers dithering over what should have been done and dusted by mid 2017 at the latest. When we know what the arrangements are, sterling will shoot up again.

Lamy is a Frenchman and an animal of the European Commission, so a totally impartial commentator - not. The Germans are just as keen on doing a deal as the UK, and would be just as inconvenienced without one. We are their largest European trading partner. Stop panicking and get real. Life goes on.