So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, scarbunny said:

Fairly accurate description of everything the leave campaign said.

Some of it was, as with the other side too. Just so happens that the Leave side has the superior logic on its side when assessing the future. The Irish border problem is one aspect of the maelstrom that we have been sleepwalking into for decades. It illustrates how caught up we have become in this tangled web called the European Union which is supposed to be merely a trading bloc.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Some of it was, as with the other side too. Just so happens that the Leave side has the superior logic on its side when assessing the future. The Irish border problem is one aspect of the maelstrom that we have been sleepwalking into for decades. It illustrates how caught up we have become in this tangled web called the European Union which is supposed to be merely a trading bloc.

Phew!

Just a question of do you want low, medium or high....?

16 minutes ago, woolley said:

Just so happens that the Leave side has the superior logic on its side when assessing the future.

Sorry, but hasn't one of your complaints about remainers been that they claim superior intellect?  Aren't you being a little hypocritical here.

Leave has a superior logic in your opinion... in my opinion leavers inferior logic.

I mean they cannot all agree on what leaving the EU means.

May's deal voted down by the ERG who wanted a hard/clean Brexit.

Johnson's deal voted down by Tory rebels and the DUP who don't want a border in the Irish Sea. Plus 'Sir' Nige of Brexit hated it calling it worse than May's deal.

Yet we are all told time and again that 17 million people voted for the same brexit in 2016.

I am sorry but you cannot ride three horses at once...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, woolley said:

Just so happens that the Leave side has the superior logic on its side when assessing the future. The Irish border problem is one aspect of the maelstrom that we have been sleepwalking into for decades. It illustrates how caught up we have become in this tangled web called the European Union which is supposed to be merely a trading bloc.

I love this!

The number of gammons* who pop up every week claiming that "I knew exactly what I was voting for" and then go on to say "I have no idea how things will turn out....!"

So so funny....

* Gammons as in supporters of Dr Gammons who recently transferred from the Brexit Party to UKIP on a Bosman (courtesy of the European Court of Justice don'tcha know....)

Detractors of the EU don't know exactly how life on the outside will turn out because nobody can. The problem with supporters of the EU is that they very conceitedly think they know exactly what an EU future holds, simply the status quo, and nobody can budge their touching faith in this. The fact is that they don't know either. However, we can see the very clear direction of travel that "ever closer union" entails.

• Like 1

Just now, woolley said:

Detractors of the EU don't know exactly how life on the outside will turn out because nobody can. The problem with supporters of the EU is that they very conceitedly think they know exactly what an EU future holds, simply the status quo, and nobody can budge their touching faith in this. The fact is that they don't know either. However, we can see the very clear direction of travel that "ever closer union" entails.

Another 122% increase in GDP over the next 25 years perhaps? You know, as per the 25 years since 1992. Incidentally I took the 25 year timescale to be baselined on 1992 deliberately. It was in early 1992 that the UK left Masstricht with the best deal in the best trading bloc on the planet.

And so it proved....

The "we can see the very clear direction" indeed. For that read "we can see fuck-all actually". Because you're blinded by your dogma.

When I say you will be getting "your totally unnecessary and stupid brexit" it's very obvious, looking at the figures, that leaving is totally unnecessary and very stupid. Because the UK was doing fine in the EU and had actually knocked France down into third place. How very gratifying.

In a way I hope we leave with no deal because then all the idiots who voted for this folly will suffer like the vote leave car workers....