So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

44 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

I think you’re right about the exaggerated victimhood. I’m not interested in stuff he said as a teenager about a conflict that was over, or whatever he said at a Sinn Féin conference, because I’ve never been interested in anything he has to say, he doesn’t seem to have any original thoughts, insights or understanding. 

There are Guardian writers, like Monbiot, that are highly irritating, but nevertheless write fairly original and well researched articles that are quite informative and better than you’ll find in any of the hard-right papers. Owen isn’t one of them. 

Agree about Owen. But the good old Grauniad makes a point of being a broad church which is admittedly a lot easier from the centre ground than it ever will be from the totally barking outlying sides of the political spectrum.

Talking of which I wonder how the petition to bring back hanging is getting on...?

ETA - a thousand pages and we still haven't left the EU....

Edited by P.K.

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

I think you’re right about the exaggerated victimhood. I’m not interested in stuff he said as a teenager about a conflict that was over, or whatever he said at a Sinn Féin conference, because I’ve never been interested in anything he has to say, he doesn’t seem to have any original thoughts, insights or understanding. 

There are Guardian writers, like Monbiot, that are highly irritating, but nevertheless write fairly original and well researched articles that are quite informative and better than you’ll find in any of the hard-right papers. Owen isn’t one of them. 

it's not over and goes on daily.......

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

wow, 1000 pages, and Brexit still not sorted :)

But think of the lawyers' fees, the PHDs, the books, the memoirs, the movies, the lectures, tutorials. Even GCSEs or whatever they call them now...Run for years! Gonna be a monster global industry....A must study, must learn, must essay, a must thesis..... 

10 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

But think of the lawyers' fees, the PHDs, the books, the memoirs, the movies, the lectures, tutorials. Even GCSEs or whatever they call them now...Run for years! Gonna be a monster global industry....A must study, must learn, must essay, a must thesis..... 

Are you saying "lessons will be learned"? :D