So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Reading between the lines of the Leo/Boris meet and maybe jumping the gun I suspect a beast known as a Brino is grazing placidly on the lawn...I also suspect it is a white Brino  as in white flag and that no way will the UK be subject to a full no deal Brexit and many uncertainties.....Shush...Don't tell it to the street and frighten the horses (Yet)

23 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Reading between the lines of the Leo/Boris meet and maybe jumping the gun I suspect a beast known as a Brino is grazing placidly on the lawn...I also suspect it is a white Brino  as in white flag and that no way will the UK be subject to a full no deal Brexit and many uncertainties.....Shush...Don't tell it to the street and frighten the horses (Yet)

Well it would seem that at some point the current position needs to change. It's counterproductive for Ireland continuing to say that it can't countenance any sort of arrangement that has been put forward, because in the event of a disorderly exit they would be the biggest losers and get a hard border anyway. Brussels and Ireland might already have been persuaded of this had it not been for the Remainiacs in Parliament and the courts encouraging the EU in its brinkmanship by taking no deal off the table in law and holding out the prospect of another referendum.

52 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well it would seem that at some point the current position needs to change. It's counterproductive for Ireland continuing to say that it can't countenance any sort of arrangement that has been put forward, because in the event of a disorderly exit they would be the biggest losers and get a hard border anyway. Brussels and Ireland might already have been persuaded of this had it not been for the Remainiacs in Parliament and the courts encouraging the EU in its brinkmanship by taking no deal off the table in law and holding out the prospect of another referendum.

How very brexiteer.

The courts did NOT encourage the EU in it's "brinkmanship" or whatever sop to the stupid label you want to put on it. As has been proven several times recently only our Sovereign Parliament can make UK law. So much for "regaining our sovereignty" - what a sick joke that is. A brexiteer complaining about exactly that. Our sovereign parliament passed a law to make it difficult, but probably not impossible, to crash out with a highly damaging no deal. In other words they did what they could to safeguard their constituents against what is the most venal and unprincipled Executive we have had, in my lifetime at any rate.

In any event, what do you care about the Irish border...?

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How very brexiteer.

The courts did NOT encourage the EU in it's "brinkmanship" or whatever sop to the stupid label you want to put on it. As has been proven several times recently only our Sovereign Parliament can make UK law. So much for "regaining our sovereignty" - what a sick joke that is. A brexiteer complaining about exactly that. Our sovereign parliament passed a law to make it difficult, but probably not impossible, to crash out with a highly damaging no deal. In other words they did what they could to safeguard their constituents against what is the most venal and unprincipled Executive we have had, in my lifetime at any rate.

In any event, what do you care about the Irish border...?

Those would be the constituents that elected 84% of MPs in 2017 on manifestos pledged to uphold the referendum result, presumably. Parliament is sovereign, but we cannot assume that those elected are without the human fallibility of duplicity.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

Those would be the constituents that elected 84% of MPs in 2017 on manifestos pledged to uphold the referendum result, presumably. Parliament is sovereign, but we cannot assume that those elected are without the human fallibility of duplicity.

So all the brexiteers voted for a crash out and a lower standard of living then?

You keep trotting out this same old hackneyed " the constituents that elected 84% of MPs in 2017 on manifestos pledged to uphold the referendum result" to which the reply should always be "So fucking what..." because a lot of those constituents who voted for those MP's would rather remain in the EU anyway. So your constant plaintive whine is a bit meaningless really.

Now what do you care about the Irish border?

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

So all the brexiteers voted for a crash out and a lower standard of living then?

You keep trotting out this same old hackneyed...

Talk about hackneyed, explain how you arrive at "a lower standard of living."

You can't, I know... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1