So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Would be interesting to find out how many times the world immigrant was used in the period of the Leave/Remain campaign and how many times in the same time period before the referendum...

Living in a town or city in the UK I don't think the word 'immigrant' needs spelling out to you, the pressures on services are graphically illustrated every single day.

Would be interesting to find out how many times the world immigrant was used in the period of the Leave/Remain campaign and how many times in the same time period before the referendum...

Living in a town or city in the UK I don't think the word 'immigrant' needs spelling out to you, the pressures on services are graphically illustrated every single day.

Keep peddling the "dream"...

Newspapers: Not the force they were and don't have huge pull on opinion. Most readers are older and have established views anyway. A declining influence.

And you genuinely believe this?

I think the fact that major national newspaper circulation has fallen by nearly half since 2000 might tell it's own story.

Newspapers: Not the force they were and don't have huge pull on opinion. Most readers are older and have established views anyway. A declining influence.

Of course. The young are not all like you. Most are totally disengaged from politics. They glaze over at the mention. Look at the voting figures. It's uncool, Boooring!

I think the fact that major national newspaper circulation has fallen by nearly half since 2000 might tell it's own story.

You don't suppose folks are reading their fave newspaper online do you?

• Like 3

12.8% of voters read a daily newspaper, hardly a massive impact when readers are set in their ways by which paper they read....

• Like 1

If they are, not much. Attention span of a gnat, most of 'em.

If they are, not much. Attention span of a gnat, most of 'em.

Hmmm, I didn't think a gnat's attention span was that short!

We subscribe to an e-paper. Unfortunately then it's not so easy to discuss things over breakfast!

But the report divided the cross-party committee, with some members saying it was too pessimistic about Brexit.

Some MPs walked out of a private meeting of the committee as the report was being finalised

.But they were outnumbered by Labour, Liberal Democrat, SNP and SDLP committee members, all of whom backed Remain in last year's referendum.

Mr Whittingdale said he thought the report was "unduly negative" and had "very much concentrated on the problems without really recognising the opportunities" of Brexit.

Mr Raab added: "The report was rushed, skewed and partisan. After two reports that had strong support, it's regrettable that this one split the committee.

"That undermines its credibility and influence, but I hope and expect the committee will learn the right lessons as we move forward."

facts...

Yes, committee wasn't fully in agreement on some items, nevertheless, the report by The National, was word for word lifted from the parliamentary report, that is incontrovertibly a fact. That is what we're currently arguing about. A simple apology is fine and we can move on.

@ PK: We subscribe to an e-paper. Unfortunately then it's not so easy to discuss things over breakfast!

w00t.gif True. Lots of things where the analogue solution has the edge. I'd cancel the subscription, though. I think it must be extremist.

Edited by woolley

But the report divided the cross-party committee, with some members saying it was too pessimistic about Brexit.

Some MPs walked out of a private meeting of the committee as the report was being finalised

.But they were outnumbered by Labour, Liberal Democrat, SNP and SDLP committee members, all of whom backed Remain in last year's referendum.

Mr Whittingdale said he thought the report was "unduly negative" and had "very much concentrated on the problems without really recognising the opportunities" of Brexit.

Mr Raab added: "The report was rushed, skewed and partisan. After two reports that had strong support, it's regrettable that this one split the committee.

"That undermines its credibility and influence, but I hope and expect the committee will learn the right lessons as we move forward."

facts...

Yes, committee wasn't fully in agreement on some items, nevertheless, the report by The National, was word for word lifted from the parliamentary report, that is incontrovertibly a fact. That is what we're currently arguing about. A simple apology is fine and we can move on.

"snp force change to unenforceable report that may must respond to snp's unreasonable demands over eu"

fact....

facts...

"snp force change to unenforceable report that may must respond to snp's unreasonable demands over eu"

fact....

Did The National report verbatim the words in that report?