So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no negotiation during extension.......

#eufact

Sorry, the #woodyfacts was referring to your constant refusal to provide any supporting evidence for roaming charges being a rip off. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, your refusal to clarify your claim just makes you look insincere.

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

No. The point is that when you sleep in the next bed to a giant you tend to know when they roll over, get out of bed and snore. Canada is very much under the shadow of the giant USA and when the UK leaves the EU and maybe in the next ten years gets a trade deal it will be in the shadow of a giant and influenced thereby. The USA and Canada are in North America and by the same token the EU member states and what is left of the constituent parts of British Isles will still be part of Europe. I think that we are never going to see a proper Brexit and what they are arguing about no is an interim stage. Over two centuries ago the Americans separated from Britain and yet today they live in each other's shadow. 

Barrie,

Out of interest, how many times have you personally crossed the land border between the US and Canada? (for example on the bridges over the St. Lawrence seaway / 1,000 Islands area).

21 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Sorry, the #woodyfacts was referring to your constant refusal to provide any supporting evidence for roaming charges being a rip off. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, your refusal to clarify your claim just makes you look insincere.

I'm not sure what Woody is banging on about, I rarely am, but I'll take a guess at a Woody interpretation of the EU Roaming Regulations caps being seen as price fixing and therefore screwing you. Despite, of course, that the phone operators were already screwing you which is what prompted the regulations in the first place.

Could be wrong though, it is Woody.

35 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

eh?

that's what the eu got rid of......

33 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

White flag?  What do you think you have won here?  

nothing.......apart from the eu showing what liars they are.......which i already knew.......

"no negotiation during extension"....... they're having a........

EG4DhnYWwAApZkS.jpeg.e623b0fe46aa52e4c90f4c81949653f6.jpeg

• Haha 1

Erm....

The liar is currently the Prime Minister of the UK.

Isn't he about to present Theresa May's withdrawal agreement with a few words changed and pretend it is completely different?

Isn't JRM about to pretend it's very different and encourage the ERG to vote for it since he has been given an "important" position?

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm not sure what Woody is banging on about, I rarely am, but I'll take a guess at a Woody interpretation of the EU Roaming Regulations caps being seen as price fixing and therefore screwing you. Despite, of course, that the phone operators were already screwing you which is what prompted the regulations in the first place.

Could be wrong though, it is Woody.

for a start hardly anyone paid roaming charges......

what the eu have done is place a tax on every mobile phone.......and let the phone companies set the price......they are now making more money than ever......

now everyone pays.......another tax on the poor, old and those that don't travel......

and the remoaners think they are getting something for "free".......

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Erm....

Isn't he about to present Theresa May's withdrawal agreement with a few words changed and pretend it is completely different?

Isn't JRM about to pretend it's very different and encourage the ERG to vote for it since he has been given an "important" position?

Doesn't that rather depend on whether or not, under the Boris deal, the whole of the UK is/is not required to remain part of the EU customs union?

Under May, we were so required, if under Boris we are not, is that 'just a few words changed' in your opinion?

I have to say that it means much more than 'just a few words' to me.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Erm....

"no negotiation during extension"  only one liar.....the eu.....

couldn't care less about if the make a agreement.......

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Erm....

Politics is after all the art of the possible. Perhaps Johnson is a luckier politician than May. OK, so he tweaked a few things, changed the backstop a bit and brought it back. May was an unlucky politician and also played a bad hand terribly. Johnson, seemingly, had an even worse hand but maybe he's played it better and maybe he's luckier.

He needs a deal but he's kept no deal alive, which has concentrated the minds in the EU and in Parliament, all of whom are desperate for a deal. No thanks to the "Benn Act" idiots, of course. He's run down the clock to the last couple of weeks. May wouldn't have done that, but by facing everyone down and making them all look down the barrel of "no deal" in the case of the wets and "no Brexit" in the case of the ERG, he might yet get it over the line. He can say to Mogg and Co: "It's this or we'll be forced into another referendum, chaps.". He can say to his Europhiles: "It's this or we crash out and you'll get the blame." He can say to his former Tories who had the whip withdrawn: "Support the deal and you have the whip restored". He can say to the DUP,: "Support the deal or your business community will never forgive you and you can look forward to an Irish unity referendum in short order". He can appeal to Labour MPs in Leave constituencies who are looking nervously at Farage for their seats and an election coming up.

Nothing guaranteed, it's still high stakes, but he's given himself a chance, and he may yet, Houdiniesque, get out of it smelling of roses.

• Like 1