So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

57 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Oh dear.

Still trying to justify the "regaining our sovereignty" nonsense. Probably the biggest con trick of the lot. And that's saying something! I mean, it wasn't as if the VAT levy went to the EU or something and in any event the UK rate has always been higher!

Last month Chancellor Savid Javid was crowing "The end of austerity" as if he was personally responsible for it. Clown. Especially as the rise was supposed to end austerity by 2015 = FAIL.

So why hasn't UK VAT gone back down to 17.5%...?

part of it does......

8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

eu set the timetable.......

The timetable was originally set by Article 50, so yes that was the EU. However the decision when to submit the actual letter was the UK Governments. It was also the UK Government that asked for the various extensions. They should just get on with it, it is was what the majority voted for.

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The timetable was originally set by Article 50, so yes that was the EU. However the decision when to submit the actual letter was the UK Governments. It was also the UK Government that asked for the various extensions. They should just get on with it, it is was what the majority voted for.

which you need to do under art.50..........i.e the eu........

don't worry the remoans have sent a cack team in to stop talks.......

EG_GvXDWsAA8DMU.jpeg.682e706d2f3b1aa0b5c293cdda50b7b0.jpeg

shame they're coming back.......

37 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Article 50 only sets a requirement to notify the intention to leave, it sets no constraints on when that should be done. It was the UK Government that took from the 23rd June 2016 until the 29th March 2017 to actually do that. That was the UK Government, not the EU.

16 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Article 50 only sets a requirement to notify the intention to leave, it sets no constraints on when that should be done. It was the UK Government that took from the 23rd June 2016 until the 29th March 2017 to actually do that. That was the UK Government, not the EU.

it's still a eu requirement.......

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

don't worry the remoans have sent a cack team in to stop talks.......

EG_GvXDWsAA8DMU.jpeg.682e706d2f3b1aa0b5c293cdda50b7b0.jpeg

shame they're coming back.......

Remind me which was JRM and Mark Francois voted on the withdrawal agreement put before Parliament by Theresa May?

I thought they were in favour of leaving the EU?

Don't blame all your woes on remainders.  The Brexiteers have had a big hand in delaying Brexit.

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it's still a eu requirement.......

To tell them that you want to leave, yes (it would be rather bizarre to leave without first telling them). The key point though is that there is no time constraint (either way) in this.

Under Article 50 the UK could have told the EU of the intention to leave as soon as the referendum result was known. Nothing in Article 50 nor the EU could have stopped that, but it was the UK Government that took eight months to actually do that. It was the UK Government not the EU that delayed. The UK Government should get on with it.