So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

So if it's not racism what is the correct word to describe those with a dislike for others based only on the fact they come from another country. Ask any white polish person over here? I'm sure they have experienced it at some point. It's a very real thing

Indeed it is, stinky. As is the robust attitude of some of our East European guests to street etiquette and dispute resolution. There are a number of locals you could ask about this, if they can still speak. They have certainly experienced it at some point.

Civility and good manners work both ways.

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I would like to refer both of you to the Equality Act 2010 section 9 (1).  This defines race as including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins

Is this from the revised act? 

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

@quilp religion and belief is covered under section 10 of the same act. 

Does it mention anywhere in that act that I can, as an atheist, enjoy freedom from religion?

You are that waffler Chris Thomas and I claim my 5 years fettling time...

Just now, quilp said:

Is this from the revised act? 

Maybe you would like to review the Race Relations Act 1965 and the definition used there. 

An Act which had nothing to do with the EU or the so called "snowflakes".

Just now, quilp said:

Does it mention anywhere in that act that I can, as an atheist, enjoy freedom from religion?

Read it yourself.  I am sure you are capable of reading and understanding it yourself.

Just now, quilp said:

You are that waffler Chris Thomas and I claim my 5 years fettling time...

Fettle all you want.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Maybe you would like to review the Race Relations Act 1965 and the definition used there. 

An Act which had nothing to do with the EU or the so called "snowflakes".

Read it yourself.  I am sure you are capable of reading and understanding it yourself.

Fettle all you want.

don't go full #snowflake but......

"This defines race as including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins."  

it doesn't define racism......

It seems that the "surrender" deal (aka anything other than die a ditch) might scrape through thanks to Labour MP's in seriously Leave constituencies backing it in the vain hope they might keep their seats in the coming GE. Fools. They've no chance.

Which means totally amoral serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson could be PM for some years.

Be afraid...

The real irony being that the whole brexit clusterfuck was completely unnecessary....

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

don't go full #snowflake but......

"This defines race as including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins."  

it doesn't define racism......

Think carefully and you will realise that the definitions and legislation I cited are relevant to what was being discussed. 

Specifically a workplace scenario involving people of different national origin and nationality. 

Of course dictionary definitions will be different but aren't relevant to the question asked.

The problem for remainers is very simple (despite the diversionary tactics into racism and the rest out of desperation).

1. They said that Boris could not get the negotiations re-opened - but he did just that.

2. They said that he could not get the backstop cancelled - but he did just that.

3. They said that he did not want a deal, but that even if he did, he could not get one before 31st October - but he got one.

All achieved within 70 days despite having no majority.

The deal is there for all to see, the backstop is dead, so are all the remaining remainer arguments.

Their Gooses have been well and truly cooked. Goose fat is a delicacy apparently.

If you want an election - fine bring it on.

If you want a second referendum - fine, bring it on.

But when a Goose has been cooked, it cannot rise from the dead.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

28 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

The problem for remainers is very simple (despite the diversionary tactics into racism and the rest out of desperation).

1. They said that Boris could not get the negotiations re-opened - but he did just that.

2. They said that he could not get the backstop cancelled - but he did just that.

3. They said that he did not want a deal, but that even if he did, he could not get one before 31st October - but he got one.

All achieved within 70 days despite having no majority.

The deal is there for all to see, the backstop is dead, so are all the remaining remainer arguments.

Their Gooses have been well and truly cooked. Goose fat is a delicacy apparently.

If you want an election - fine bring it on.

If you want a second referendum - fine, bring it on.

But when a Goose has been cooked, it cannot rise from the dead.

Not exactly "news" though is it?

After the referendum we were always going to leave the EU. Always always always. 

The rest is just damage limitation...

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Think carefully and you will realise that the definitions and legislation I cited are relevant to what was being discussed. 

Specifically a workplace scenario involving people of different national origin and nationality. 

Of course dictionary definitions will be different but aren't relevant to the question asked.

if it said racism i would agree........it doesn't........

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

It seems that the "surrender" deal (aka anything other than die a ditch) might scrape through thanks to Labour MP's in seriously Leave constituencies backing it in the vain hope they might keep their seats in the coming GE. Fools. They've no chance.

Which means totally amoral serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson could be PM for some years.

Be afraid...

The real irony being that the whole brexit clusterfuck was completely unnecessary....

it called democracy......something the eu doesn't have......

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

@Manximus Aururaneus

None of that requires a majority though. 

The real test comes on Saturday when Parliament discuss the deal he has negotiated. 

Which in my opinion is Theresa May's deal with some makeup and a blonde wig but I think it will scrape through.

The ironic thing is that Nigel Farage hates it. 

it's not......still has problems but that's down to remoans......

52 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not exactly "news" though is it?

After the referendum we were always going to leave the EU. Always always always. 

The rest is just damage limitation...

the damage is staying in the eu.......