So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

No one can actually say with any certainty how many turned out but it was certainly more than the photo in your post suggests. The following video from Sky News gives a good aerial overview https://news.sky.com/video/london-streets-backed-with-brexit-protesters-11839368

Based on that (and I object to having to download and watch a 30 second ad video from those chiselling bastards at Sky) and other shots I've seen elsewhere, I would suggest about the capacity of two major stadia, so let's be generous and say between 200,000 and 300,000. It is quite densely packed in the centre, but not at the margins. I would have loved to talk to some of them to see what sort of grasp of the issues they have.

Edited by woolley

42 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it's always funny when the tech doesn't work and the #snowflakes have a meltdown due to no cash......

pk will be awfully upset if he doesn't get his blue passport......

That is so true. These things are wonderful when they work but so often they don't. Delivery person arrives with parcel, but the scanner won't scan. Scratches head. Airport baggage drop tech goes tits up, so nothing can move. Shop till stops working or there's a power cut, nobody has cash to pay, and nobody can reckon up. What a pantomime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

i see alister "wmd" campbell is still claiming over 1 million turned up.......

who falls for this rubbish apart from 1880..........

As mojo stated, my point was to show that more people turned up than you were suggesting.  You are being selective with the information and evidence you believe.  By the way you have still not replied to my question about the UKCA and the secondary one about exports to the EU with parts manufactured outside the EU/UK in a post-brexit world.  As you are involved in manufacturing I was interested to know your thoughts.  

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Based on that (and I object to having to download and watch a 30 second video from those chiselling bastards at Sky) and other shots I've seen elsewhere, I would suggest about the capacity of two major stadia, so let's be generous and say between 200,000 and 300,000. It is quite densely packed in the centre, but not at the margins. I would have loved to talk to some of them to see what sort of grasp of the issues they have.

Why?  We already know you would just dismiss their views and arguments because you are so entrenched in your own view.  You may say that I would take the same stance on a pro-brexit march but at least I am self-aware enough to know that I would probably disagree with whatever reasoning the pro-brexit protesters would have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

It says more about the all-knowing, and self-assuredly infinitely wise one who compiled it.

I believe that it accurately identifies the attitudes and style of most of the assuredly all-or-nothing pro-Brexit commentary I read.

Nobody serious or sensible wants an all or nothing outcome. And yet ...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

None of the above. It says more about the all-knowing, and self-assuredly infinitely wise one who compiled it.

I had you somewhere between conscientious objector and business man.  :lol:

So I now see that the cabinet are split over whether the next steps should be a general election or continuing to put the withdrawal bill before Parliament.  It is being reported that the unelected bureaucrat, Dominic Cummings, is the one really pushing for a GE.

I am also surprised that Labour are suddenly keen on a GE again.  Unless they replace Corbyn beforehand I can only see them suffering major losses unless, and this is a big unless, that a GE takes place after the withdrawal bill has been passed.