So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Fair play PJ. I've read both of Owen's books. I thought 'Chavs' especially astute.

On the chav theme to chart the start of it all I'd give the credit to Jarvis Cocker in 1995 for commenting that:

You will never understand

How it feels to live your life

With no meaning or control

And with nowhere left to go

Well those at the top probably have the same feelings now so the chavs have had their say. We're all in the same boat and it's scaring the crap out of a lot of people. It will be a complete disaster for the IOM too. I don't care how it pans out for the UK as they deserve whatever is coming.

• Like 1

Woody here is the WTO source for tariffs. Obviously, the UK doesn't appear on the tables at present as it trades as the EU under WTO rules outside the union. Can't see anything resembling 2% on any off the tables. The tariffs vary greatly but appear a lot more than 2%.

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/tariffs_e/tariffs_e.htm

under 2% is the uk's income from wto rules according to the treasury

uk is a member, has a seat just doesn't have an account...

Do you mean 2% of the UK's export income derives from exports under WTO rules?

all the imports and exports in the uk under wto adds less than 2% to the cost.....

I mentioned before Scotland are really fucking themselves over with this Indy lark. Who is going to invest in a weak and feeble country that can't even decide what it wants? It's good for those south of the border though.

A better assessment of Scotland's prospects is to compare with The Republic of Ireland (under British rule - a starving backwater with a rapidly contracting population). 2017 - Average gross earnings for full-time workers in the Republic are £42,901. In occupied Ireland they are a meagre £21,836 (although living costs are cheaper). In Scotland they are slightly higher at £22,981, and, ok, that's higher than any region of England bar London and the South East, but imagine if Scotland could manage its own economy in the way the Republic can.

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 1

A better assessment of Scotland's prospects is to compare with The Republic of Ireland (under British rule - a starving backwater with a rapidly contracting population). 2017 - Average gross earnings for full-time workers in the Republic are £42,901. In occupied Ireland they are a meagre £21,836 (although living costs are cheaper). In Scotland they are slightly higher at £22,981, and, ok, that's higher than any region of England bar London and the South East, but imagine if Scotland could manage its own economy in the way the Republic can.

Where on earth did you get that figure of nearly £43k average earnings in Ireland from? OK there is a finance sector and the rich elite do skew the figures a bit in such a small population, but £43k? Dream on. It's basically bankrupt.