So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Very droll, Bazza. It is a banal way to conduct a campaign though, a man of your august learning must surely concur. The whole thing appears to be targeted at idiots. 

Indeed. But one of the skills needed to be a PM or Minister in Government is to master the brief. Boris blusters. He wings it. Always has. His journalism, politics even as Mayor. All lies and bluster. If Brexit occurs at all there will be many further years of negotiating. I do not see Boris as being up to that task. He cannot master a brief. My manor is LibDem run and I will vote that way in the election. Boris is rubbish all hat and no cattle. Corbyn is a commie. Which leaves Jo Swinson CBE who has at least some experience and a decent degree. She will have to learn fast and she is not Thatcher ...Yet...But rather her than the other two. Not much choice but Oh well. Another Marvin clip perhaps?

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Corbyn is a commie.

His politics and economics are not anywhere near as far left as Attlee, Bevan, Bevin or Stafford Crips.

However the MSM are much further to the right than at any time since the 1930’s, certainly more than in 1945. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

His politics and economics are not anywhere near as far left as Attlee, Bevan, Bevin or Stafford Crips.

However the MSM are much further to the right than at any time since the 1930’s, certainly more than in 1945. 

Attlee etc were dealing with a nation suffering far more poverty than today and also trying to recover from a war. In those days the young folk said we will fight this war for you but there had better be a few changes after its over and we come back home. We are not going back to the old order and certainly not the poverty as post First World War...

22 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Indeed. But one of the skills needed to be a PM or Minister in Government is to master the brief. Boris blusters. He wings it. Always has. His journalism, politics even as Mayor. All lies and bluster. If Brexit occurs at all there will be many further years of negotiating. I do not see Boris as being up to that task. He cannot master a brief. My manor is LibDem run and I will vote that way in the election. Boris is rubbish all hat and no cattle. Corbyn is a commie. Which leaves Jo Swinson CBE who has at least some experience and a decent degree. She will have to learn fast and she is not Thatcher ...Yet...But rather her than the other two. Not much choice but Oh well. Another Marvin clip perhaps?

I'll answer this later on the election thread. 

2 hours ago, woolley said:

The other day Boris was asked a crass question about the naughtiest thing he'd ever done. He gave a crass answer. "I'm not answering because I would improvise something I had not cleared with my handlers and I would bitterly regret it." Well done, Boris, you made yourself sound like some half wild baboon. I think they got what they wanted. 

A bit different from Theresa May's response to a similar question.  Wasn't her response "running through a corn field"?

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Attlee etc were dealing with a nation suffering far more poverty than today and also trying to recover from a war. In those days the young folk said we will fight this war for you but there had better be a few changes after its over and we come back home. We are not going back to the old order and certainly not the poverty as post First World War...

But the allegations and scare tactics by the Tories and Express/Mail etc were no different to the ones used by Boris and the same press today.

But the Labour Government set up the Welfare State, NHS and built 1 million homes in 6 years. Meanwhile, 5 years on, after promising 200,000 new homes by 2020, Dave, Teresa and Boris have built 0.

0229FA65-72C3-4438-9CE6-354A9C2135CD.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50344110

Boris either lies or does not understand his own deal.. The link explains what it will mean for N Ireland which as near as dammit is staying in the EU for all intents and purposes. Seems his rambling speech with glass in hand has gone viral..

or you don't.......

• Like 1

1.3 million houses have been built since 2010........ 430,000 are affordable homes.......

none have been built under that scheme because the legislation which was due to be passed this year hasn't.......

but it's untrue to none have been built at all.......

this is what you get with a mainly left wing msm.........

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/08/boris-johnson-goods-from-northern-ireland-to-gb-wont-be-checked-brexit

More about Boris and his lies. Seems he mistook the Common Travel Area for freedom of movement. 

more lies from the guardian.......cta is free movement......

it's not like they get everything wrong.......

EI2GNYaWoAEQzUf.thumb.jpeg.d8f246026fc410dc8e2fa6d61ef4f513.jpeg

oh they do..........

• Like 1