So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

On 10/29/2019 at 5:57 PM, Chinahand said:

Following up some more.  Labour is in a far, far stronger position than the Conservatives to fight an election.

Conservative accounts:

http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/English/Accounts/ST0020308

Labour Accounts:

http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/English/Accounts/ST0020314

Labour have £20m in cash, while the Tories only £2.2m.

The Tories have negative equity (reserves) of £5.3m while Labour's reserve account is £12.6m in the black.

That's going to be interesting in the campaign.  Labour will be able to outspend, as long as they don't breach funding limits etc.

Hee hee ... that was my 10,000th post!  A reasonably typical, if rather concise CH effort!

• Like 1

Brexit is a crap idea, sold to the credulous, angry & disappointed by spivs, chancers & over-promoted pantomime toffs who will never back down or apologise. Understand this and the complete chaos of British politics is, at least, easy to understand.

@P.K.The idea that the U.K. will emerge from Brexit with a trade position radically different from Japan’s, Korea’s or Canada’s isn’t realistic. 

The world will not end. 

To say control of borders and legislation is a vital sovereign function which shouldn’t be outsourced to less accountable outsiders isn’t as ridiculous as you claim.  

2 hours ago, quilp said:

The return of class hatred. 

Without a doubt the brexiteers have been pushing the message that "the elite, especially in parliament, are trying to stop you getting YOUR brexit" etc etc 

When some of the MP's are trying to get the best possible deal out of the situation and others are trying to get the worst possible outcome ("We need a clean break!" etc etc) it's little wonder our parliament is a complete and utter shambles...

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

PK, it maybe a fundamental part of human nature to denigrate the out group but goodness you have latched strongly onto the lowest sort of messaging which is such a bane of our age. 

@Chinahand What are you referring to? Is it this:

17 hours ago, P.K. said:

We don't know who to vote for. Because we think that the Labour brexiteers will all vote for totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson. And it doesn't seem to matter how many times you point out that Gina Miller proved beyond any doubt that only our sovereign parliament can make our laws, that UK exports will be hit by tariffs of up to 40% destroying their competitiveness, that will mean the pound will fall in value against the Euro, so the 40% of our food that we import from the EU will cost more, that we need foreign labour and EU citizens coming here contribute more per head to UK PLC than the indigenous population, that fewer mobile EU workers means more migrants coming to the UK wanting to settle here, that the NHS relies heavily on non-UK workers to function and guess what?

The brexiteers just don't care. They've been told everything will be just just fine and facts and figures are for snowflakes.

Like lemmings over a cliff....

I take your point that things will stabilise over probably a decade but the timescale and how hurtful the hit will be is open to speculation...

The cynicism and scepticism are understandable but gauging the effects of brexit on a scale of how 'hurtful' it will be is an exaggeration.

We Brits are a resourceful lot. Where there's a will there's a way. It'll be swings and roundabouts, as has been said many times on here. Time is the key.

The refreshing thing about it all is that it's changing the face of stagnated politics in this country forever.

That Britain will be weaker economically and politically is a given. How much of a rule taker it becomes is harder to predict. It’s a shame that the only way the U.K. can actually leave the EU is for NI to leave the U.K. first, and that there will be no progress until that reality is understood. (I wonder how much the U.K. should pay in compensation for isolating the six most affluent counties of Ireland from the rest and making them just about the poorest in less than a century.) Once NI has gone, there’s a fair chance Scotland won’t be far behind. All very sad for unionists when you consider who this sad venture is being driven by. I’m still hoping someone can come forward and explain the benefits, but I haven’t seen any that aren’t illusory buzzwords. 

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

That Britain will be weaker economically and politically is a given. How much of a rule taker it becomes is harder to predict. It’s a shame that the only way the U.K. can actually leave the EU is for NI to leave the U.K. first, and that there will be no progress until that reality is understood. (I wonder how much the U.K. should pay in compensation for isolating the six most affluent counties of Ireland from the rest and making them just about the poorest in less than a century.) Once NI has gone, there’s a fair chance Scotland won’t be far behind. All very sad for unionists when you consider who this sad venture is being driven by. I’m still hoping someone can come forward and explain the benefits, but I haven’t seen any that aren’t illusory buzzwords. 

even ze germans don't think that.....

the break up of the uk was done by blair..........

• Like 2