So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, quilp said:

The cynicism and scepticism are understandable but gauging the effects of brexit on a scale of how 'hurtful' it will be is an exaggeration.

We Brits are a resourceful lot. Where there's a will there's a way. It'll be swings and roundabouts, as has been said many times on here. Time is the key.

The refreshing thing about it all is that it's changing the face of stagnated politics in this country forever.

What?

" gauging the effects of brexit on a scale of how 'hurtful' it will be is an exaggeration" - an exaggeration of what exactlY? All the forecasts have two things in common.

The deal as presented by Johnson is not as good as the Maybot effort.

It's going to reduce our standard of living.

What's exaggerated about that?

Thatcher polarised the country and the totally stupid and unnecessary brexit has done the same. I would put the timescale around that as "within living memory" or similar...

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The deal as presented by Johnson is not as good as the Maybot effort. 

What were the outstanding differences? I believe that the average voter, leave and remain probably wouldn't be able to tell, nor care by now; so bored are they of the whole affair they only long to see it dealt with, once (twice, three times) and for all. Now we have this mantra of "Get Brexit Done!" that really doesn't define which version of brexit will be done as long as it looks like we're in the end game.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It's going to reduce our standard of living.

So you keep reiterating and again I wonder how you're so confident that it will be the case. And if it is the outcome I also wonder which sections of society might feel affected the most. No doubt, brexit is also a class issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quilp said:

What were the outstanding differences? I believe that the average voter, leave and remain probably wouldn't be able to tell, nor care by now; so bored are they of the whole affair they only long to see it dealt with, once (twice, three times) and for all. Now we have this mantra of "Get Brexit Done!" that really doesn't define which version of brexit will be done as long as it looks like we're in the end game.

I agree with you that the brexit voters no longer care what sort of deal is done. After all, their favourite empty slogan seems to be "Leave Means Leave" or whatever nonsense is vogue. People who wanted to remain are, quite naturally, wanting the best deal they can get out of this almighty clusterfuck.

So don't lump them together as "the average voter" because it's a completely daft thing to do. The two sides are poles apart and always will be.

17 hours ago, P.K. said:

I agree with you that the brexit voters no longer care what sort of deal is done. After all, their favourite empty slogan seems to be "Leave Means Leave" or whatever nonsense is vogue. People who wanted to remain are, quite naturally, wanting the best deal they can get out of this almighty clusterfuck.

So don't lump them together as "the average voter" because it's a completely daft thing to do. The two sides are poles apart and always will be.

a remoan came up with that.......

• Like 1

uk gdp rose 0.3% in Q3 2019......

services up 0.4%........

manufacturing unchanged.......

construction up 0.6%.......

so much for the recession the remoan economists claimed.......you know.......the ones that keep telling us what will happen in 20 years......but not next month........and are always wrong.......

:lol:

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:02 PM, woody2 said:

three explosions took place in different locations in and around stockholm in one night last week.......

no mention by the brussels broadcasting corporation (bbc sweden)......

between january and june this year, more than 100 explosions were reported in sweden, up from about 70 in the same period last year.......

"Gang violence in Sweden is intimately tied to the issue of immigration and failed integration, so those who highlight the problem have often been smeared as bigots,"

:rolleyes:

#woody2firstfornews.......

Sweden's 100 explosions this year: What's going on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50339977

lefty liberals still won't say whats causing it though...........

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, woody2 said:

#woody2firstfornews.......

Sweden's 100 explosions this year: What's going on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50339977

lefty liberals still won't say whats causing it though...........

Go on, I’ll bite, what does W2 make up the cause as?