So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

What of Swinson, the putative PM in waiting, with her "Article 50 revocation in the first 24 hours" policy? She'll be working in the local pub next week. Politics is one unforgiving business. A shame for some good MPs, Brexiteers, who got caught up in the melee, such as Caroline Flint.

21 hours ago, woolley said:

What of Swinson, the putative PM in waiting, with her "Article 50 revocation in the first 24 hours" policy? She'll be working in the local pub next week. Politics is one unforgiving business. A shame for some good MPs, Brexiteers, who got caught up in the melee, such as Caroline Flint.

I understood those in England not knowing Swinson, and mistakenly thinking she'd be a decent leader, but surely the membership should have known what she was like? We did in Scotland, she was always going to be horrific, i was shocked when Davy lost to her.

What's also really funny is their subsequent bawling at Sturgeon's reaction to Amy Callaghan winning the seat off her, buried in all this was the delay to the result was a massive tantrum Swinson threw because the returning officer refused her a recount, toys out the pram, threatening legal action. FAF. 

Well the UK was certainly on the road to hell before BoJo did his "Maggie Thatcher" and has put us on the road to recovery.

When push comes to shove what really matters is the future of England. If the Scots want out then fine, but out means totally out. Hard border, no English hard working tax payers money to continue to subsidise them, and the repaying of their part of the national debt that they benefited from.

Any thoughts of joining the EU in their own right is a pipe dream. The EU have more than enough basket case economies as it is.  Natural resources? Their national waters are not what the Ginger Whinger seems to think they are. Employment? Once the English withdraw military bases from Scotland that'll be a big hug on employment because of the indirect employment that spins off from that source.

So even if the recovery path does mean bye bye to the Scots that could only possibly benefit the english and that is what matters.

4 hours ago, fatshaft said:

I understood those in England not knowing Swinson, and mistakenly thinking she'd be a decent leader, but surely the membership should have known what she was like? We did in Scotland, she was always going to be horrific, i was shocked when Davy lost to her.

What's also really funny is their subsequent bawling at Sturgeon's reaction to Amy Callaghan winning the seat off her, buried in all this was the delay to the result was a massive tantrum Swinson threw because the returning officer refused her a recount, toys out the pram, threatening legal action. FAF. 

I will have to defer to your greater knowledge of Swinson. Aside from her vainglorious pronouncements of impending Prime Ministership, I have taken little notice of her. So what is she "like" and why then did they choose her as leader? She should be used to losing the seat because she did so in 2015 too, didn't she?

I suppose I can understand a request for a recount. It was a bit tight. Sturgeon didn't cover herself in stateswoman like glory with her celebration either.

16 minutes ago, Rog said:

The Crimea IS Russian.

Yes. I know. It was only transferred to Ukraine in Soviet times to put more Russians into the Ukrainian population. They said it was "a gift" to Ukraine. (And they didn't even crack a smile.)

Edited by woolley
  • Sad 1