So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, woolley said:

I will have to defer to your greater knowledge of Swinson. Aside from her vainglorious pronouncements of impending Prime Ministership, I have taken little notice of her. So what is she "like" and why then did they choose her as leader? She should be used to losing the seat because she did so in 2015 too, didn't she?

I suppose I can understand a request for a recount. It was a bit tight. Sturgeon didn't cover herself in stateswoman like glory with her celebration either.

She's like exactly what you've now seen. Arrogant, tin eared, nae too smart, and basically a Tory as was shown by her refusal to work with Corbyn even temporarily to get her own party's policy of a delay in Brexit through, but at no time ruled out working with Bojo if he won. She's learned nothing from her previous time in coalition. 

On 12/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, woolley said:

Oh wait. They do!!

This is what comes of asking people to make a policy decision and then ignoring their answer and telling them they are stupid. The populace has taken its retribution. My faith is somewhat restored.

As Henning Wehn put it the other day:

"If they were stupid enough to vote Leave in the referendum they're stupid enough to vote for it again..."

That was met with some booing from the audience, unusual at a comedy gig, but looking around the assembled the demographic was heavily Daily Wail. Henning also said:

"The foreigners do ruin it for the British workforce though. Turning up on time, sober, wanting to work..."

A very funny guy made for a really good evening.

So they didn't vote tory, they voted brexit - again!

They don't expect anything from the tories in the north, situation normal, Johnson only visited Sedgefield because it was Blair's old tenure. They just want to "Get brexit done" which is laughable really. Despite the lies peddled by Johnson et al it's actually out of their hands. Any deal will have to be taken back to various EU governments for ratification. It only takes one of them to say "Someone's having a laugh!" and the whole lot goes back to the drawing board.

I suspect that's fine by Johnson. The best result for his £backers is a no deal crash out. So I expect he'll run it out to the end of 2020 and then possibly take the plunge then.

Have the appalling Barclay brothers sold the Telegraph yet? You know, now that it's served their purpose they no longer need it....

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As Henning Wehn put it the other day:

"If they were stupid enough to vote Leave in the referendum they're stupid enough to vote for it again..."

That was met with some booing from the audience, unusual at a comedy gig, but looking around the assembled the demographic was heavily Daily Wail. Henning also said:

"The foreigners do ruin it for the British workforce though. Turning up on time, sober, wanting to work..."

A very funny guy made for a really good evening.

So they didn't vote tory, they voted brexit - again!

They don't expect anything from the tories in the north, situation normal, Johnson only visited Sedgefield because it was Blair's old tenure. They just want to "Get brexit done" which is laughable really. Despite the lies peddled by Johnson et al it's actually out of their hands. Any deal will have to be taken back to various EU governments for ratification. It only takes one of them to say "Someone's having a laugh!" and the whole lot goes back to the drawing board.

I suspect that's fine by Johnson. The best result for his £backers is a no deal crash out. So I expect he'll run it out to the end of 2020 and then possibly take the plunge then.

Have the appalling Barclay brothers sold the Telegraph yet? You know, now that it's served their purpose they no longer need it....

I'm a Remainer, but think you'll find all the cards are in Johnson's hand and he knows it. The EU is not in a strong position and knows it, next may be the Italians.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

I'm a Remainer, but think you'll find all the cards are in Johnson's hand and he knows it. The EU is not in a strong position and knows it, next may be the Italians.

None of which changes the fact that any deal will need to be agreed by not only the EU heads of state but also their governments.

I also suspect that no other EU member state is stupid enough to make a move before seeing what happens to the UK.

I include the Iti stupidly populist rubbish administration in that category.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Great plan, PK. Calling people with the counter opinion to your own stupid worked so well since the referendum that you may as well double down and call them stupid again. Nice to see that lovely Anna Soubry getting hers. 

Simply quoting Henning. Bitch at him.

Who is Anna Soubry and should I be interested?

ETA - Henning also did a fantastic picture quiz on racism in the UK. After the show I asked him if I could post it up. Permission denied. A shame because it was royally taking the piss out of the English as well.

Edited by P.K.

50 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Simply quoting Henning. Bitch at him.

ETA - Henning also did a fantastic picture quiz on racism in the UK. After the show I asked him if I could post it up. Permission denied. A shame because it was royally taking the piss out of the English as well.

Did he say whether he'd be hanging around after Brexit?

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Did he say whether he'd be hanging around after Brexit?

No.

But the place was packed. So I guess his very sharp observational humour is holding him in good stead.

Another item that made me laugh was he wanted everyone to clap in time while he sang a German folk song. So we all obliged and at the end everyone cheered. Henning asked if we enjoyed it and, of course, we all said yes. Then Henning said:

"That was the Hitler Youth marching song. We all enjoyed it too which is where I think it started to go wrong..."

What a star...!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Rog said:

That was to join the Common Market.  Not the horrible thing it became.

You make it sound as if the UK Government had no say in the direction of travel.

The UK Government signed up to the treaties that formed the EU.  Those Governments were elected by the UK population.   Just like the current Government.

19 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You make it sound as if the UK Government had no say in the direction of travel.

The UK Government signed up to the treaties that formed the EU.  Those Governments were elected by the UK population.   Just like the current Government.

And now the majority of the UK population are sick to the back teeth of how those treaties are being abused and voted BREXIT.  We will then be in a position to start the much needed Get Well program of reform and repair.