So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It was thoroughly litigated in 1972

Not at all sure that is the case.  Possible, even probable that I'm wrong - but as I understand it the basis of the challenge was subverted by legislation that the Heath government had already set in law.

1 hour ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Actually, it's a link to  direct speech of the Irish PM provided via the DE - but laugh away then, be my guest.

Some 11% of Irish exports go to the UK. Not exactly a massive hit.

So try again please.

18 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Some 11% of Irish exports go to the UK. Not exactly a massive hit.

So try again please.

P.K.

Either you are going to accept the result of 2016, 2019, and the AV vote of 2011 in which 67.9% voted to keep the FPTP system or you are not. John Smith is dead, Tony Blair is too busy getting mega-rich to make a comeback. Boris is PM with a majority of 80, and the UK is leaving the EU in 29 days time. You are not having a nightmare, it is all real. Live in 2015 if you wish, I'm moving on.

You seem to think that I need to prove something to you, I don't. I hope that you get over the result one day, but its your choice.

All the best for New Year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

In other words you have no idea how things will pan out.

I don't like gambling.

Especially when the stake is the future prosperity of my kids....

What have you promised your kids about their prosperity under the EU? What metrics can we all use to judge that?

I feel uncomfortable about introducing this subject (kids) - but I did not do so, you did. Is this a line that you really want to pursue P.K.?

17 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

What have you promised your kids about their prosperity under the EU? What metrics can we all use to judge that?

I feel uncomfortable about introducing this subject (kids) - but I did not do so, you did. Is this a line that you really want to pursue P.K.?

I asked you a very simple question to wit minus the trading clout of the EU what leverage does the UK have to better the deals it currently has via the EU?