So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I asked you a very simple question to wit minus the trading clout of the EU what leverage does the UK have to better the deals it currently has via the EU?

And I explained to you that I don't answer to you (or any other loser). If you cannot grasp that simple concept, or the result of multiple democratic decisions than that is for you to deal with. I'm sorry, but I did try.

I've got a new business to open next week, been on hold since 2015, pushing on now. Take care.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

7 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

And I explained to you that I don't answer to you (or any other loser). If you cannot grasp that simple concept, or the result of multiple democratic decisions than that is for you to deal with. I'm sorry, but I did try.

I've got a new business to open next week, been on hold since 2015, pushing on now. Take care.

Thought so. No idea....

19 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

In the spirit of New Year and reconciliation I will leave you to enjoy that comfort blanket. 

Care to explain this article?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7845451/Menthol-cigarettes-banned-UK-2020.html

ETA:  Before you try being a smart ass by saying it was introduced in 2016, the specific part I want you to explain is the reference to the "Brexit transition period" as you act like this does not exist.

Edited by manxman1980

14 hours ago, woolley said:

Reminds me of those Japanese soldiers they used to find still fighting the second world war long after they'd been defeated. 

Ah yes, but they were ignorant of what was actually taking place in the world or just not believing what was taking place around them was to be believed. 

Ohwait -----

9 minutes ago, Rog said:

Ah yes, but they were ignorant of what was actually taking place in the world or just not believing what was taking place around them was to be believed. 

Ohwait -----

More smokescreens than Aussie wildfires around here....

My position has always been that we were leaving the EU right from the morning after the referendum. Despite the recent attempts on here to make out that was not the case. Anything to distract from reality it would seem...

When we "Get Brexit Done" by the 31st Jan (are there really people out there stupid enough to believe that nonsense?) then the real work begins.

This is the bit where the promises / lies of the politicians clash headlong with the realities of a much diminished negotiating position. 

The timetable set by totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson, our actual Prime Minister, is something of a surprise. But I've always been of the opinion it's the right thing to do for no other reason than it's better to have a target than not to have one. Plus Johnson has previous for going back to the HoC to be humiliated for failing to meet his targets.

But it's also a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. If the negotiations from a position of diminished prestige (not that the whole brexit farrago hasn't damaged that already) are not going well then we can crash out with no deal. Then the UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, can and will blame the EU for everything like they've been doing regularly for the last 30 years or so.

Still, Johnson's £backers will be OK with it.

• Haha 1

1.  So why object to Scottish  independence? 

2.  No particular view.

3.  Westminster?  

4. No particular view.

5. This is true to an extent, but the UK has always had control over its borders

6. The UK economy has not declined.

7.  Lies, damn lies and statistics. 

8.  EUP elections?  The UK has a tendency to vote for candidates who do not take part in the EU Parliament.

9.  The Crown? Africa supplying Europe with food when it cannot feed it's own is BS

10.  Fishing?  Really?  Lets see how that changes because Sir Nige has gone quiet on that one.

I suspect that this guy is not actually living in or near poverty.

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

A very succinct appraisal of why we are better out of the EU....

For that read a load of old bs from the Brexit Party's candidate for Bexley Sidcup.

Strange but true he completely failed to mention the UK's 122% rise in GDP since the Maastricht Treaty beating powerhouse Germany's 84% by nearly half as much again.

There must be a reason for that.

I wonder what it is....?

Laughable!

22 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

1.  So why object to Scottish  independence? I wouldn't, but they have more power since their referendum?

2.  No particular view. 

3.  Westminster?  The UK has three devolved parliaments which would become even less significant. Westminster would be nothing more than a regional government.

4. No particular view.

5. This is true to an extent, but the UK has always had control over its borders But not the movement of EU nationals.

6. The UK economy has not declined. That's not what he is saying, he's questioning the need for trade deals?

7.  Lies, damn lies and statistics. Really?

8.  EUP elections?  The UK has a tendency to vote for candidates who do not take part in the EU Parliament. That doesn't matter, the laws and policy are drawn up by the unelected committees

9.  The Crown? Africa supplying Europe with food when it cannot feed it's own is BS That's more to do with corruption than anything else. The point is that we can deal with a lot more countries.

10.  Fishing?  Really?  Lets see how that changes because Sir Nige has gone quiet on that one. There's no arguing with the facts though!

I suspect that this guy is not actually living in or near poverty.