So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

I wonder how much ol'Farage has purchased...

What does it matter?  The current lot of British MEP's are mostly there as an irritant to the useless and powerless European Parliament.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

What does it matter?  The current lot of British MEP's are mostly there as an irritant to the useless and powerless European Parliament.

Is this the same useless and powerless European Parliament that in the next breath is claimed to wield such power over the UK Govt?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is this the same useless and powerless European Parliament that in the next breath is claimed to wield such power over the UK Govt?

No, it's the European Commission that yields the real power.  The European Parliament in reality is controlled by the European Commission.

It really doesn't matter anymore Rog - other than to those in denial.

Denial, anger, acceptance - Give them time, it's the least we can do.

I do really hope all this goes well having now cast that 'in stone'.

Ed: 26% of the UK population vote for less freedom for the whole country....yay!

Edited by ballaughbiker
  • Thanks 1

What metrics can we all use to judge that?

Dunno.... that GDP thingy nobody understands from 73 to now? Unemployment figures? All the benefits of the freedoms? That sort of stuff as opposed to ....

a f.ing roulette wheel of unknown future fortune spun by Donny and his mates? 

I know which one I'd bet my commemorative 50p on.  Still let's hope for the best eh? Be positive and all that. Believe more, have faith etc. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

So surely every other elected MEP has the same right?  Especially those that actually turn up unlike Farage et al who take the money and benefits but only turn up for "show piece" events.

Of course!

2 hours ago, Rog said:

Scotland must get approval to hold a referendum from HMG. 

And the more times totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson, our actual Prime Minister, refuses to accede to the request the more the groundswell of opinion in Scotland will grow wanting Inderef2 and the more likely the nationalists are to prevail.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

And the more times totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson, our actual Prime Minister, refuses to accede to the request the more the groundswell of opinion in Scotland will grow wanting Inderef2 and the more likely the nationalists are to prevail.

So?  They are still restricted by HMG in this matter.