So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!!"

Correct, I'm willing to do it ( Transfer £1k non-refundable) am tomorrow against R. Britten.

Want your mouth to join? Dick Britten has accused me (publicly) of being a 'Man of Straw' - Let's find out.

No refunds, no future payment promises. Cash up front, in the morning.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

I don't even know what your point is. It's just preposterous bluster of the kind you'd find with a certain type of tosser in a London pub. You're always trying to call people out, without really offering much of anything yourself. The Sultan called you on it, and you blocked him! Are you mentally about 12?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't even know what your point is. It's just preposterous bluster of the kind you'd find with a certain type of tosser in a London pub. You're always trying to call people out, without really offering much of anything yourself. The Sultan called you on it, and you blocked him! Are you mentally about 12?

Sultan did indeed call me.

So did Britten.

So did you. In fact you said ' without offering much of anything yourself'.

I'm offering £1k to charity, cash not a promise, in the morning - what are you offering? Put up or shut up time.

This 'man of straw is up for a £1k charity transfer in the morning - are you? It is a simple question?

• Like 1

Richard always throws the strawman claim around, it doesn't make you special. I have no idea what you're even trying to bet on, but whatever it is its most likely utterly pointless. Maybe you should have a glass of water in between your glasses of wine, or just a nice pot of tea and a little lie down.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Richard always throws the strawman claim around, it doesn't make you special. I have no idea what you're even trying to bet on, but whatever it is its most likely utterly pointless. Maybe you should have a glass of water in between your glasses of wine, or just a nice pot of tea and a little lie down.

So who is the man of straw now?

The bet is indeed utterly pointless, that's why all stakes go to charity not the 'winner'!

The UK government will do everything they can to avoid putting tariffs on imports so everyone thinks brexit is an absolutely wonderful idea.

Might have mentioned this before.... 

Things have moved on a bit since this but I think Lamy makes valid points about UK tariffs (and he pulls some great faces of incredulity)

That rather depends on what passport you’re travelling on, which country you’re entering or leaving, whether the two countries are in Schengen, and the type of transport you are using, and whether there is information sharing going on.

Indeed. Having traveled in and out of various European airports over the past 25 years with and without vehicles, I have noticed a step change in the past 18 or so months when travelling in and out of the Schengen zone. 

The disinterested casual glance at a passport (or not even that) has been replaced by a scan of the passport usually with a facial recognition device every time. Malaga in particular now splits Schengen and non-Schengen flights and they check everything with electronic scans and facial recognition on the non-Schengen destinations.

I often travel AGP-BOD which are both in Schengen and often the passports are not even checked or if they are, it is the previously described disinterested glance.

Hey, it's what you wanted (quiet PK!).

Edited by ballaughbiker
pk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

Might have mentioned this before.... 

Things have moved on a bit since this but I think Lamy makes valid points about UK tariffs (and he pulls some great faces of incredulity).

Have to say a major downside of brexit is the way our politicos have been forced front and centre and shown to be really pretty awful.

In Andrea Leadsom's case absolutely dire as your clip shows.

Thick or what...?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

So who is the man of straw now?

The bet is indeed utterly pointless, that's why all stakes go to charity not the 'winner'!

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'll match whatever amount you make, when you put the money forward and it is verified by an equally agreed, indepentant third party.

Until then, its nothing more than the usual forum nonsense..

FFS. You both need to have a word in the mirror. To get this wound up with a stranger on an internet forum.  :rolleyes:

Over what? It isn't even clear what the bone of contention is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

FFS. You both need to have a word in the mirror. To get this wound up with a stranger on an internet forum.  :rolleyes:

Over what? It isn't even clear what the bone of contention is.

Say £500 - £1,000 a time of when trade deals will/will not be signed? Strict dates.

I believe this is the "bone" that Maximus chose to gnaw