So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

@Manximus Aururaneus and @RIchard Britten stop willy waving

Quite.

It's a stupid ask anyway. As it's not just a deal with the EU 27 that has to be thrashed out down to the minutiae. There is also the rather large issue of the 60+ non-EU countries that the UK currently deals with via agreements negotiated by the EU on our behalf. These 60+ countries currently buy 55% of our exports. That's OVER HALF of our total exports.

As Liam Fox has found out entities like Japan have indicated that any deal we make with them outside of the EU will not be anything like as good as those we had under the EU umbrella.

Which quite nicely gives the depth of this sheer folly...

19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Care to show your workings to support that statement?

Don't bother.

They'll even believe the nonsense fed to them by totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson if it means they will get their totally stupid and completely unnecessary brexit....

31 minutes ago, P.K. said:

totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson 

Were you a member when the board was programmed to substitute “bumsex” for one particular word or phrase?

I’m starting to get a hankering for those days every time I see you trot out this overused hackneyed cliched phrase 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Were you a member when the board was programmed to substitute “bumsex” for one particular word or phrase?

I’m starting to get a hankering for those days every time I see you trot out this overused hackneyed cliched phrase 

Actually I was a member then.

Iirc a certain poster liked to sign off their doggerel with "Ha Ha Ha" so a Moderator had it substituted.

Unfortunately the poster was just so straight and staid it was wasted on them. Have to say I didn't think it was particularly amusing either and I have a really off the wall sense of humour.

It's strange but it seems everyone knows what's in that absolutely bang to rights description of that awfully flawed character but some folks can't stop themselves from reading it.

Off to Chester tomorrow for a long weekend during which time I'll try to come up with some new description for you to get fed up with :)

Nothing will change very much as far as trade is concerned because it is in nobody's interest for it to do so. Trade is not the important issue in Brexit, although it is all the pro-EU side ever talk about. It's geopolitical. I was watching that EU Foreign Minister chappie the other night. Now why does a trading bloc have a foreign minister talking about Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions? How very strange.

Just now, woolley said:

Nothing will change very much as far as trade is concerned because it is in nobody's interest for it to do so. 

You don't know that.

Now why does a trading bloc have a foreign minister talking about Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions? How very strange.

Because a potential nuclear conflict is everyone's business?  Why wouldn't the EU talk about something that is relatively on their door step?  From what I hear, the annihilation of the human race is bad for trading.

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You don't know that.

Because a potential nuclear conflict is everyone's business?  Why wouldn't the EU talk about something that is relatively on their door step?  From what I hear, the annihilation of the human race is bad for trading.

If it's in the business interest of all parties than you can bet it will come to pass.

No. It's a political, defence, military, etc. matter. Why would a mere trading bloc with limited competence to deal with trade have a view or be entitled to one? In your extrapolation in your final sentence, you inadvertently put your finger on the whole problem of the EU. It accords to itself powers over many areas of policy on the pretext that they are matters of trade. This is how they got to the social chapter, monetary union, ECB monetary policy etc.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Nothing will change very much as far as trade is concerned because it is in nobody's interest for it to do so. Trade is not the important issue in Brexit, although it is all the pro-EU side ever talk about. It's geopolitical. I was watching that EU Foreign Minister chappie the other night. Now why does a trading bloc have a foreign minister talking about Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions? How very strange.

There's nothing strange about possible sanctions by the EU against Iran.

Dear me, even the tiniest little thing has to be made an "issue" with a negative spin by the rabid brexiteers.

I blame the lack of positives...

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

There's nothing strange about possible sanctions by the EU against Iran.

Dear me, even the tiniest little thing has to be made an "issue" with a negative spin by the rabid brexiteers.

I blame the lack of positives...

Trading bloc having a foreign minister and a foreign policy = tiniest little thing.

Very easy to see how things slid so far around the bend with attitudes like that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Trading bloc having a foreign minister and a foreign policy = tiniest little thing.

Very easy to see how things slid so far around the bend with attitudes like that.

Now that's funny!

Come on Woolster, if you have ever been in sales you should know the very last thing you should do is badmouth the opposition. So instead of trying to pick the tiniest holes you can in the best trading bloc on the planet you should be extolling the virtues of going it alone in these days of increasing globalisation. 

So let's have some brexit positives.

Errr I think I should advise you here not to try it on with either the "sovereignty" nonsense or the "taking back control of our borders" claptrap. You'll just be laughed at...

13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Now that's funny!

Come on Woolster, if you have ever been in sales you should know the very last thing you should do is badmouth the opposition. So instead of trying to pick the tiniest holes you can in the best trading bloc on the planet you should be extolling the virtues of going it alone in these days of increasing globalisation. 

So let's have some brexit positives.

Errr I think I should advise you here not to try it on with either the "sovereignty" nonsense or the "taking back control of our borders" claptrap. You'll just be laughed at...

You just don't have the receptors to see what is important. That is why you think it's funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

P.K. you are wasting your time and effort.  Those in favour of Brexit are largely entrenched in their views and will not be budged.

The way I see it is the UK now has a pro-Brexit Government with a large majority.  Let's just sit back and see how this all pans out.  

If the brexiteers are right then life in the sunlit uplands will be beautiful and we will all prosper.

If they are wrong...... well they only have themselves to blame.  

That said I did notice in one of the newspapers today that they are blaming the cost of recommissioning big ben in time to ring out on Brexit day as being the fault of "remoaners".  Go figure....