So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

P.K. you are wasting your time and effort.  

Well, you could have said that in June 2016. He loves it. But what I said is true. Go back through this and the other threads and the vast majority of the posts are about trade and nothing but. In reality this is a far bigger picture.

20 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

P.K. you are wasting your time and effort.  Those in favour of Brexit are largely entrenched in their views and will not be budged.

The way I see it is the UK now has a pro-Brexit Government with a large majority.  Let's just sit back and see how this all pans out.  

If the brexiteers are right then life in the sunlit uplands will be beautiful and we will all prosper.

If they are wrong...... well they only have themselves to blame.  

That said I did notice in one of the newspapers today that they are blaming the cost of recommissioning big ben in time to ring out on Brexit day as being the fault of "remoaners".  Go figure....

You ask the brexiteers for positives and none are forthcoming.

Says it all really....

12 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'll match whatever amount you make, when you put the money forward and it is verified by an equally agreed, indepentant third party.

Until then, its nothing more than the usual forum nonsense..

That's a deal then Richard, good for you, I had you down as nothing more than a man of straw, my mistake.

My £1,000 available to transfer on instruction, will you sort the details or would you rather I did it?

I will choose my charity, you can agree, or if not you choose a charity then a 50?50 split is fine by me as long as it is a legit, IOM based charity.  No refunds, the 2 x £1,000 is an 'up-front entry fee' to the bet - either way the charitie(s) get £2k.

Good man, let's get it sorted tomorrow and get the £2k to the charities before the weekend :hug:

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

15 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

That's a deal then Richard, good for you, I had you down as nothing more than a man of straw, my mistake.

My £1,000 available to transfer on instruction, will you sort the details or would you rather I did it?

I will choose my charity, you can agree, or if not you choose a charity then a 50?50 split is fine by me as long as it is a legit, IOM based charity.  No refunds, the 2 x £1,000 is an 'up-front entry fee' to the bet - either way the charitie(s) get £2k.

Good man, let's get it sorted tomorrow and get the £2k to the charities before the weekend :hug:

Please now do this by private message. Any more public willy waving and virtue signalling will get you both suspended.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Please now do this by private message. Any more public willy waving and virtue signalling will get you both suspended.

That's a shame John, I was going to suggest you as the stakeholder, forward money to your client account am tomorrow. But message received and understood with moderator decision final I presume? I will therefore not communicate directly with RB on this subject and will take your instruction.

Would you be prepared to be stakeholder by pm? It's £2k to charity, or do moderator rules predominate?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

8 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

That's a shame John, I was going to suggest you as the stakeholder, forward money to your client account am tomorrow. But message received and understood with moderator decision final I presume? I will therefore not communicate directly with RB on this subject and will take your instruction.

Would you be prepared to be stakeholder by pm? It's £2k to charity, or do moderator rules predominate?

I’ve no wish to become involved with all the KYC, AML, CDD source of funds I’d have to do.

What’s more I suspect, actually I know, I drafted the rules, acting as stakeholder in a gambling transaction would breach client account rules. 

In any event, I haven’t undertaken any business involving holding client funds for 16 years, so I don’t operate a client account.

Im suggesting you contact Richard direct, rather than publicly, BTW.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I’ve no wish to become involved with all the KYC, AML, CDD source of funds I’d have to do.

What’s more I suspect, actually I know, I drafted the rules, acting as stakeholder in a gambling transaction would breach client account rules. 

In any event, I haven’t undertaken any business involving holding client funds for 16 years, so I don’t operate a client account.

Im suggesting you contact Richard direct, rather than publicly, BTW.

Whilst you are not technically correct (there was no 'gamble' - it was a non-refundable, no stipulation entry fee to 'barter') - I accept you decision.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Whilst you are not technically correct (there was no 'gamble' - it was a non-refundable, no stipulation entry fee to 'barter') - I accept you decision.

Thank you.

It wouldn’t be held for “clients”. 

1 hour ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Why is it you seem to have an almost pathological need to bully and browbeat people on here?

Especially ex-services?

As far as I can tell this non-bet is just being manipulative for whatever reason.

Very distasteful....

14 hours ago, P.K. said:

You ask the brexiteers for positives and none are forthcoming.

Says it all really....

We are getting our independence back (it should NEVER have been signed away) 

and that alone is worth any price even if there were to be one.

Edited by Rog
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Why is it you seem to have an almost pathological need to bully and browbeat people on here?

Especially ex-services?

As far as I can tell this non-bet is just being manipulative for whatever reason.

Very distasteful....

Playing the "old soldier card"?

Now that's what I'd call REALLY distasteful.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

We are getting our independence back (it should NEVER have been signed away) and that is worth any price even if there were to be one.

I have an image of you standing on the white cliffs of Dover on the 31st January waving the cross of St George, wearing a Morris dancing outfit and screaming "freedom" across the English Channel.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I have an image of you standing on the white cliffs of Dover on the 31st January waving the cross of St George, wearing a Morris dancing outfit and screaming "freedom" across the English Channel.

In spirit that is exactly what I want to do.