So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

So you're not going to back up your claim with workings?

I'll take that as the win it is.

You've been presented with the entry to impartial facts.

Look, this is just getting silly.  BREXIT is now only two weeks away so it's all ended up well.  Just digging over the bones of a lost cause is pointless. It's a fait accompli so why not give up bellyaching especially using false facts.  It's OVER.

Edited by Rog

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

Look, this is just getting silly.  BREXIT is now only two weeks away so it's all ended up well.  Just digging over the bones of a lost cause is pointless. It's a fait accompli so why not give up bellyaching especially using false facts.  It's OVER.

Brexiteer losing arguement...check

Resorts to "we won get over it"...check

1 minute ago, woolley said:

It's been the direction of travel from the start. You know; "Ever Closer Union"?  What is the logical, inescapable conclusion of that?

Only the ones you are drawing yourself.

It all sounds like the kind of illogical leaps conspiracy nutters make when trying to link complete unrelated things together to justify their particular brand of crazy.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Brexiteer losing arguement...check

Resorts to "we won get over it"...check

"Losing argument." "We won." Something amiss there.

Touch of the Corbyn/Momentum about it. "We won the argument."  Er, perhaps, but you certainly lost the election.

11 minutes ago, Rog said:

But....  It is not over.  After the 31st January 2020 the UK enter the transition period and have until the 31st December to sort out the future relationship with the EU.  Ignoring trade deals, that means sorting out the issue of the border/non-border in Northern Ireland or a border in the Irish Sea.  It means developing, publishing and passing into law new immigration legislation (otherwise employers are going to be left in a weird situation where someone with an EU passport may or may not have the right to work in the UK).  It means sorting out the border controls and training border officers in new procedures.  It means ensuring that customs officials can perform all the relevant checks. 

Basically there is a long way to go before it can be said that Brexit is over and all ended up well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Only the ones you are drawing yourself.

It all sounds like the kind of illogical leaps conspiracy nutters make when trying to link complete unrelated things together to justify their particular brand of crazy.

Now you are being disingenuous. "Ever Closer Union" means eventual statehood - the mission statement that dare not speak its aims in plain terms and so is left deliberately vague. Treaty by treaty, this is what is happening. Either you support it, or you don't. I can understand why the misguided would support it. That's an honourable position for the converted, but to cleave to the transitional status quo as a permanent settlement is not. This is a journey that has some way to go.

12 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Still waiting for your reference about "Call me Dave" and the Four Freedoms.

I thought it was common knowledge that he tried to gain amendments to Freedom of Movement in his negotiations for a "Reformed EU". They weren't having it apart from a few fig leaves. Plenty of contemporary reporting online.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

Our NHS, even round here in North Norfolk is riddled with foreigners swamping our surgeries and hospitals. 

I thought we had accepted that NHS abuse and access to other publically funded benefits and services could be sorted very quickly with an ID system? That is down to the UK gov.

NHS A&E is generally (not always full because people 1) attend with non emergency conditions and 2) Go because they have to wait a long time for primary care.

One of the reasons for 2) is dicking around with GP's pensions. Again, down to the UK gov.

1) & 2) could also be controlled by making a means tested small access charge. Every GP receptionist will tell you that would half empty waiting room at a stroke but provision would have to be made for patients with life conditions eg diabetes, heart disease etc

I thought it was common knowledge that he tried to gain amendments to Freedom of Movement in his negotiations for a "Reformed EU"

He wanted a straight numerical limit and wanted to divide the 4 freedoms instead of tackling this at home by operating the full range of control allowed under EU law.

People also forget me made no mention of this again at his final EU summit. So the above quote aint the full story.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

He wanted a straight numerical limit and wanted to divide the 4 freedoms instead of tackling this at home by operating the full range of control allowed under EU law.

People also forget me made no mention of this again at his final EU summit. So the above quote aint the full story.

You're not pretending that Call Me Dave was a closet Leaver, surely?

4 hours ago, Rog said:

Not a lie.  Our NHS, even round here in North Norfolk is riddled with foreigners swamping our surgeries and hospitals. The always claim they need emergency treatment in order to get round the supposed checks on who is entitled to free treatment from OUR NHS paid for from OUR taxes.

How do you know they are foreigners?