So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

22 minutes ago, woolley said:

I do think it is just possible it could blow up in Theresa May's face. It's harder to call than many seem to imagine. She could gain votes from UKIP and Labour Brexit supporters in non Tory heartlands but lose them to LibDems in Tory Remain seats as Zac Goldsmith found out. She could finish up with an increased popular vote but actually a similar number or even less in seats. Not saying it will happen, buty it is at least a possibility.

I'm actually not totally convinced on her pro-Brexit persona. Not sure Brexit is safe with her at all. She wants to be seen as a strong leader, but she is coming over as an opportunist politician who will lean the way the wind is blowing at the time.

its a roll of the dice but if it pays off exit will be a easier....

not really bothered who "wins".....

31 minutes ago, Declan said:

PK. I'm not sure you're right about the ballot, I don't recall it being on my ballot paper. Anyway, hopefully McCluskey will lose his own re-election bid. 

"It was Unite which posted out Ed Miliband campaign material and the union’s endorsement with the ballot papers, while sadly forgetting to mention all the other candidates."

I hope Len Dinosaur Mccluskey fails to get re-elected as well! This is the man who has stated that Labour lost the last election because Ed Miliband wasn't left-wing enough! Hence his backing for Corbyn thus demonstrating his total lack of nous over which candidates actually have a chance of being elected to PM!

But no matter because Unite would still be vital to keeping the Labour Party solvent and there's the rub.

44 minutes ago, Declan said:

Luckily the ballots closed the day before. 

Gerard Coyne has been suspended from his position of official for the Unite union for possibly beating Mccluskey in the ballot bringing the union into disrepute.

After all, that's Mccluskeys job....

• Like 1

Sadly, I think McLusky will get in. The literature came with a long list of the union branches supporting each candidate and his was longer than the other two combined. There'll be a low turnout and so mostly activists (i.e. those that nominated McLusky) will vote.

• Like 1