So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

That have something to do with the fact the majority of those voting for Brexit had no bloody clue what Brexit was, what it was for or what the outcome of a Brexit would be.

A blind leap into the dark with 17.4 miliion different desired outcomes.

Nonsense.  In any case we knew what we DIDN'T want and that is what a trade bloc has morphed into and the harm it was doing to our country.

19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Yes, lets run the country to the whims of 17.4 million, a country with a population of 66.8 million.

Can't see that having issues down the line...

The majority of those who voted chose to leave.  I say majority because the vote was a very large, and so a very representative sample of the whole population. Your 17.4 mil of 66.8 does NOT compare apples with apples.

In addition the demographics of the voting pattern shows that it was areas of high immigrant concentration that voted remain along with Scotland which had its own agenda and reason to want to remain (I don't know the vote figures for Scotland but that doesn't matter any more than Scotland matters - it's part of the UK and will remain so at least for a generation).

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

What is this "we" you speak of?

There was no unifying voice to Brexit.

Rubbish.  There certainly was and is a unifying voice - WE WANT OUT.

Thankfully we are now only a matter of a couple of hundred hours or so until we ARE out.

The majority of the UK population spoke and is now getting what we want.  

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

Wrong, but time will be the harshest judge of the calamity that is to come.

How can you claim that it is not the majority? Do you not understand basic statistical analysis let alone the basics of psephology - the latter I can understand if not but basic stats? Come on Richard, with a sample size the size of the number of votes cast it CLEARLY shows the BREXIT vote WAS the majority.  

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Wrong, but time will be the harshest judge of the calamity that is to come.

The calamity that is to come will be on the EU.  The countries within the EU are more than drifting apart economically they're drifting socially, and as for the Euro - that's starting a death dive. I just wonder which country will do an "EXIT" next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

How can you claim that it is not the majority? Do you not understand basic statistical analysis let alone the basics of psephology - the latter I can understand if not but basic stats? Come on Richard, with a sample size the size of the number of votes cast it CLEARLY shows the BREXIT vote WAS the majority.  

Waffle, waffle, waffle.

How many were eligible to vote in Brexit - the number of those that voted for Brexit?

I'll give you a clue, 17.4 is not bigger than 29.1

• Sad 1

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

Waffle, waffle, waffle.

How many were eligible to vote in Brexit - the number of those that voted for Brexit?

I'll give you a clue, 17.4 is not bigger than 29.1

Richard, you're out of your depth in this. Because of that you're missing the reason that the number who voted in the referendum and the percentage who chose BREXIT can legitimate be extrapolated to show the will of the UK population.

59 minutes ago, Rog said:

In addition the demographics of the voting pattern shows that it was areas of high immigrant concentration that voted remain along with Scotland which had its own agenda and reason to want to remain (I don't know the vote figures for Scotland but that doesn't matter any more than Scotland matters - it's part of the UK and will remain so at least for a generation).

Who are the "immigrants" that you speak of in this context?

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Who are the "immigrants" that you speak of in this context?

Immigrants. It's fairly unambiguous.  How about those people who have come into the UK over the last thirty years.

18 minutes ago, Rog said:

Immigrants. It's fairly unambiguous.  How about those people who have come into the UK over the last thirty years.

It is important as not every "immigrant" had the right to vote in the referendum.  To be eligible to vote you had to be a British citizen and as a result there were many people who have come to the UK who were unable to vote.  As an example a French citizen living and working in the UK would not have been allowed to vote unless they had completed the British citizenship process.  To many people living and working in the UK under the EU rules there was simply no need to apply for British citizenship.

Other immigrants living and working on the UK under visa's would also have been unable to vote.

So when you talk about "immigrants" and their influence on the outcome of the referendum you are talking about British citizens...