So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

The choice to escape from the EU was democratically made

I think I'll wait for the hidden report about foreign interference before reaching a conclusion on that. No doubt the celebrations in a couple of weeks will be a very inconvenient dead cat for Bozo.

independence is worth any price

That is a ludicrous point to make and makes me think all this stuff you put on here is just to pull our collective chains.

Just pause to remember how many millions people paid with life and limb to ensure our independence

FFS, all that cooperation, freedom, rights, common regulation, trade, protection of minorities, inclusion of Eastern Europe etc is "just like" the period to which you clearly and falsely try to construct a link to. Again....ludicrous or worse. Jeez some of Woody's musing were less triggering than this (except I aint triggered)

1 minute ago, ballaughbiker said:

I think I'll wait for the hidden report about foreign interference before reaching a conclusion on that. No doubt the celebrations in a couple of weeks will be a very inconvenient dead cat for Bozo.

That is a ludicrous point to make and makes me think all this stuff you put on here is just to pull our collective chains.

FFS, all that cooperation, freedom, rights, common regulation, trade, protection of minorities, inclusion of Eastern Europe etc is "just like" the period to which you clearly and falsely try to construct a link to. Again....ludicrous or worse. Jeez some of Woody's musing were less triggering than this (except I aint triggered)

Im not trying to pull any chains.  National independence really IS worth any price. As for foreign interference in the referendum - WHAT foreign interference?  Are you suggesting that the outcome was affected by external interference to swing the result BREXIT wise?  If so that's nonsense.

The majority of people in the UK voted out because the majority WANT out.  If the vote had been restricted, as it should have been to people who had been British nationals for (say) thirty years the result would have been a very much higher majority but as it was the turkey/Christmas effect came into play.

32 minutes ago, Rog said:

Are you suggesting that the outcome was affected by external interference to swing the result BREXIT wise?  If so that's nonsense.

So...Cambridge Analytica did not work for Leave.EU and UKIP in the run up to the referendum?  Hmmmm.

The majority of people in the UK voted out because the majority WANT out. 

Appeal to majority failure.  You mean the majority of people who voted.  There is an approximate 13 million people difference between the two statements.

If the vote had been restricted, as it should have been to people who had been British nationals for (say) thirty years

So much wrong with that statement.  Shall we make British nationals with less than thirty years wear a special symbol so we know who they are?

Plus, are you suggesting that no-one born in the UK under the age of 30 should not have had a vote in something that would affect them for decades to come?

Talk about stacking the deck in your favour...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

So...Cambridge Analytica did not work for Leave.EU and UKIP in the run up to the referendum?  Hmmmm.

Appeal to majority failure.  You mean the majority of people who voted.  There is an approximate 13 million people difference between the two statements.

So much wrong with that statement.  Shall we make British nationals with less than thirty years wear a special symbol so we know who they are?

Plus, are you suggesting that no-one born in the UK under the age of 30 should not have had a vote in something that would affect them for decades to come?

Talk about stacking the deck in your favour...

Ignoring your misunderstanding of statistical sampling and analysis be it deliberate or whatever the principle that deciding on the future direction of our country should not be given to first generation immigrants is perfectly reasonable.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

I ignored Scotland. 

Presumably because you cannot make the data for Scotland fit your view of the world.  You are actually missing a rather interesting observation in the borders region if you could drag yourself to look at the referendum results and the general election results.  

1 hour ago, Rog said:

The  graphics clearly show that the predominantly indigenous English areas voted BREXIT - just as it should be. 

So are you now saying that only the English can decide on Brexit rather than the whole of the United Kingdom?  Are you going to join the EDL next?

1 hour ago, Rog said:

In the case of  Hull, Bradford, Rotherham, Oldham, Rochdale, Dover I suspect that it's the consequences of having a high immigrant population that cause those of us who want BREXIT to turn out in greater numbers to support BREXIT for very obvious reasons.

Presented with facts you now reverse your argument...  This is one argument that at least makes some sense based on the data and the way in which the leave campaign was run.  What is interesting though is that areas like Oldham, Bradford, Rotherham and Rochdale are areas that largely contain non-EU migrants.  Leaving the EU is therefore not going to make much difference.  In fact it may result in further migration from countries like India, Pakistan and Malaysia as countries may ask for easier access to live and work in the UK as part of the trade negotiations.  

I don't know what the demographics for Hull and Dover look like.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

Ignoring your misunderstanding of statistical sampling and analysis be it deliberate or whatever the principle that deciding on the future direction of our country should not be given to first generation immigrants is perfectly reasonable.

Could you please explain why? Should they have also been an age cut off point, after all there are probably thousands that have died since the referendum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Could you please explain why? Should they have also been an age cut off point, after all there are probably thousands that have died since the referendum.

There certainly should have been an age cut off point, nobody under the age of (say) 25 because that way the voters would have a bit of experience of life behind them.

As for first generation immigrants being excluded because that way those people with a vested interest to perpetuate the all but open borders would not get the opportunity to have any say in the continuance of a thing that has been so detrimental to OUR country.

19 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Presumably because you cannot make the data for Scotland fit your view of the world.  You are actually missing a rather interesting observation in the borders region if you could drag yourself to look at the referendum results and the general election results.  

So are you now saying that only the English can decide on Brexit rather than the whole of the United Kingdom?  Are you going to join the EDL next?

Presented with facts you now reverse your argument...  This is one argument that at least makes some sense based on the data and the way in which the leave campaign was run.  What is interesting though is that areas like Oldham, Bradford, Rotherham and Rochdale are areas that largely contain non-EU migrants.  Leaving the EU is therefore not going to make much difference.  In fact it may result in further migration from countries like India, Pakistan and Malaysia as countries may ask for easier access to live and work in the UK as part of the trade negotiations.  

I don't know what the demographics for Hull and Dover look like.  

No reversal. Just carefully read what I wrote.

Anyway it has all ended up for the best despite the obstructions from charletans who have been trying to derail what has been democratically decided.

15 minutes ago, Rog said:

There certainly should have been an age cut off point, nobody under the age of (say) 25 because that way the voters would have a bit of experience of life behind them.

and you say you're not trolling, lol. Perhaps, they should have just given you a full list and you could have decided who was eligible to vote. Or better still, they could have just restricted the referendum to your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

and you say you're not trolling, lol. Perhaps, they should have just given you a full list and you could have decided who was eligible to vote. Or better still, they could have just restricted the referendum to your choice.

At the end of the day everything's turning out for the best.  There's now only about 271 hours 'till BREXIT kicks in.

In our village we're having a big time party with close to £1000 worth of fireworks and a "pig pickin'" (hog roast) in our barn.

3 hours ago, Rog said:

The choice to escape from the EU was democratically made and independence is worth any price. Just pause to remember how many millions people paid with life and limb to ensure our independence only for a few arseholes to throw it away. Ted Heath Blair, and Major should be hung as traitors with May and Bercow jailed for full term life.

Certainly one of the most appalling aspects of the referendum campaign was the way the brexiteers played the patriotism card. You know, "it's your patriotic duty to vote brexit to defend the UK from marauding Turks who will burn your villages and drive your women and children into slavery" bollox bollox bollox.

Very distasteful indeed and completely false of course. Farage, Gove and Johnson left me with the distinct impression that NOTHING was either too low, too small, too mean or too nasty that they wouldn't try it on in order to bamboozle the gullible, the xenophobic and the hard of thinking...

• Like 3

WHAT foreign interference?  

Well if they manage to keep that report quiet with dead cat after dead cat, we won't ever be sure will we? 

Have you even heard of Alexander Nix?  Are you on facebook?  Have you heard of Robert Mercer? . "Nonsense" just because you got your way?  It will out one day. It was to.

At the end of the day everything's turning out for the best.

For the 2nd time today, I don't think you'd bet your house on it having a positive mid term outcome. The party in 271 hours is where it all starts, not finishes but enjoy  what you believe is giving johnny foreigner a damn good kicking. ugh!

• Thanks 1

Just now, P.K. said:

Certainly one of the most appalling aspects of the referendum campaign was the way the brexiteers played the patriotism card. You know, "it's your patriotic duty to vote brexit to defend the UK from marauding Turks who will burn your villages and drive your women and children into slavery" bollox bollox bollox.

Very distasteful indeed and completely false of course. Farage, Gove and Johnson left me with the distinct impression that NOTHING was either too low, too small, too mean or too nasty that they wouldn't try it on in order to bamboozle the gullible, the xenophobic and the hard of thinking...

Now where was that ever presented to the electorate other than in your silly interpretation?

1 minute ago, ballaughbiker said:

Well if they manage to keep that report quiet with dead cat after dead cat, we won't ever be sure will we? 

Have you even heard of Alexander Nix?  Are you on facebook?  Have you heard of Robert Mercer? . "Nonsense" just because you got your way?  It will out one day. It was to.

For the 2nd time today, I don't think you'd bet your house on it having a positive mid term outcome. The party in 271 hours is where it all starts, not finishes but enjoy  what you believe is giving johnny foreigner a damn good kicking. ugh!

Nothing to do with kicking anybody, just restoring our independence. If people in our country who shouldn't be in our country get the bums rush then GOOD. That will be an added bonus.