So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Cannot be bothered with all this nonsense so lets get down to brass tacks shall we?

P.K. Richard Britten, BalloughBiker et al. please confirm your response to the following;

Isle of Man work permits should cease to exist as of 2300 31/01/2020.

IOM should be open to full immigration, without qualification, to anybody on planet earth as of 2300 31/01/2020, Race, colour, creed not taken into account - and educational / professional qualifications irrelevant too.

IOM, Open to anyone and everyone, with or without qualifications, any hourly rate they are willing to work for, as of 10 days time? Full benefits, full access to Commissioners housing, full service at Nobles, equal access to Social Security and Mental Health services. Access to mediation and Legal aid (at our expense) for those aggrieved that preference was given to Manx locals. Their place in the Nobles, Housing, Benefits waiting list is the same as that of you, your parents, your kids etc. Equality for all even if you have never contributed. Fines and even imprisonment for those found guilty of preferring Manx locals over economic migrants. Waiting lists (already being complained about on other threads) go exponential, your families are the first to suffer, but this is what you propose?

The term 'Manxman' banned because it is seen as elitist, sexist, nationalist, and racist. Preference given to 'Manxmen' becomes a criminal offence under discrimination law.

You can shut me and Rog up simply by saying 'Yes' to all of the above. We will shut up and you can take your grand plan to the electorate, and explain to your families that their medical, housing, social security needs are no more or less important than those to whom you have granted free and unfettered access.

Well?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

@Manximus Aururaneus you are exaggerating and trolling. 

I will accept that I am exaggerating (for effect) Manxman, but I am not trolling. I believe that I am calling out the hypocrisy of those who are asking Rog to tolerate in his country (UK) that which the same people would never accept in their own country (IOM) that's all.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I’d be happy with free movement from the EU, subject to the same restrictions as are applied in, say, Belgium. Most EU nationals here work hard. Not sure I would be so keen on any more immigration from certain parts of England - particularly pensioners. 

Pensioners from certain parts of England eh? Wouldn't that be both nationalist and ageist?

"I would be happy with free movement from the EU, subject to the same restrictions.........." - So you do want control after all?  You do want the right to a voice and restrictions. What if you were not 'happy'?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Manximus ties his flag to Rog's mast, shows the class of the man.

If I wanted to tie myself to Rog's mast as you put it, then I am perfectly capable of saying so - I do not say so.

Instead of employing your usual personal diversionary tactics, why not answer my point - Are you proposing the cancellation of IOM work permits and will you be campaigning for the same?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No, you seem to be proposing it. 

I am not proposing the abolition of Work permits at all. Neither do I want a Manxman to be prevented from proudly calling himself such. 

I am pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of people calling out Rog for wanting nothing more than those of the IOM expect for themselves i.e. The right to control access to work, benefits, social services, housing and the rest. I support that right of control (not necessarily denial, but control of) - but if I support it for use here on the IOM, then it would be the height of hypocrisy for me to attempt to denigrate Rog for wanting the same thing in his country too.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I am pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of people calling out Rog for wanting nothing more than those of the IOM expect for themselves i.e. The right to control access to work, benefits, social services, housing and the rest. I support that right of control, but if I support it for use here on the IOM, then it would be the height of hypocrisy for me to attempt to denigrate Rog for wanting the same thing in his country too.

Rog wanting nothing more? I can only assume that you must have missed Rog's posts where he called for things like restricted voting rights for people who are legal citizens. I can't imagine that you would support removing voting rights from people.

12 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Rog wanting nothing more? I can only assume that you must have missed Rog's posts where he called for things like restricted voting rights for people who are legal citizens. I can't imagine that you would support removing voting rights from people.

Mojo, I have already stated quite clearly (in answer to Teapot) that I did not tie myself to Rog's opinion. But because I do not agree with everything he says, does not mean that I cannot agree with anything he says. Heck, I even agree with P.K. and Teapot now and then (except when they're wrong of course).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Mojo, I have already stated quite clearly (in answer to Teapot) that I did not tie myself to Rog's opinion. But because I do not agree with everything he says, does not mean that I cannot agree with anything he says. Heck, I even agree with P.K. and Teapot now and then (except when they're wrong of course).

Fair enough, in which case your use of the phrasing "wanting nothing more" is a tad misplaced. As you will agree, he clearly wants more.

• Sad 1

Im probably not the right person to get into an argument about work permits, I'm all for the free movement of people, I've worked in Denmark, Poland, Spain and Canada and my life has definitely been enhanced by working and living with people over here from all around the world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Im probably not the right person to get into an argument about work permits, I'm all for the free movement of people, I've worked in Denmark, Poland, Spain and Canada and my life has definitely been enhanced by working and living with people over here from all around the world. 

You so would say that the EU has had a positive effect on your livelihood and general life experience?